Just a 15-month-old 3/4 sim bull.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Since we are not allowed to advertise on the boards...
Here's just a picture of a 3/4 Sim 1/4 Angus 15-month-old bull in my possession, that could be living on a different farm in the near future, if there was someone willing to donate the right amount money to my wallet. ;-)
ASA#3269417
Born 9/7/16 and weighed 69#
Weaned 3/6/17 and weighed 580#
10/23 weighed 1220#
I was think of keeping him for myself as a heifer bull, but I just bought a trailer load of Reg. Angus heifers and would rather use a Angus or, LBW PB Sim on them. Plus I have several of his sisters i'm keeping on the farm.
24110587017_42695aaeab_h.jpg

Sire and dam on the farm, plus lots of siblings.

Probably not the best picture, as we were just moving him from pen to another, on a cold, cloudy day. I may get more pictures up tomorrow.

Looks stout and powerful. Would like to see a better top and hip but a different picture could help that.

So just a question. My dad was an angus man and he had about 350 straight bred angus cows. He always bought good bulls back grounded steers to the feed lots. If i put this bull over his cows. Wohld i see much difference?

cattleman99":3twaobub said:
Always makes me chuckle on these threads that no one asks the most important questions.
What does he measure and did he pass his test.
Those questions along with 'rehoming' fee and other questions are for serious buyers and best addressed with p.m.
Pictures and general info are for generating interest.

Son of Butch":5ztbspx4 said:
cattleman99":5ztbspx4 said:
Always makes me chuckle on these threads that no one asks the most important questions.
Those questions along with 'rehoming' fee and other questions are for serious buyers and best addressed with p.m.
No, not really, why put up a picture if his nuts are small? I am always interested in what different bloodlines measure up at and test. I won't consider a yearling bull (14-15 months) under 40 cm when purchasing or keeping one of my own. Once he has that I look at his feet and move up from there. Then I research the dams and grand dams production records.

cattleman99":13q1kdpe said:
Son of Butch":13q1kdpe said:
cattleman99":13q1kdpe said:
No, not really, why put up a picture if his nuts are small? I am always interested in what different bloodlines measure up at and test. I won't consider a yearling bull (14-15 months) under 40 cm when purchasing or keeping one of my own. Once he has that I look at his feet and move up from there. Then I research the dams and grand dams production records.

I look forward to seeing photos of your bulls and other stock in the near future. Sounds like they are something special.

All I am saying is the most important trait is fertility. Without it who really cares what the animal looks like. Yet no one ever posts scrotal or test results. Not sure why that would upset anyone.

cattleman99":2gk3mbqz said:
All I am saying is the most important trait is fertility. Without it who really cares what the animal looks like. Yet no one ever posts scrotal or test results. Not sure why that would upset anyone.

I could show you plenty of terrible bulls that are fertile as they come. Doubt you, or anybody else, would buy one.

cattleman99":3flf8lpe said:
Son of Butch":3flf8lpe said:
cattleman99":3flf8lpe said:
No, not really, why put up a picture if his nuts are small?
To generate interest (* see above)
Which question is more common... any pictures? or scrotal size?
Why post a picture if he hasn't yet had a BSE?
Because that can always be arranged, if there is interest.
What makes you think his testicles are too small?

I won't consider a yearling bull (14-15 months) under 40 cm when purchasing or keeping one of my own.
Well isn't that special... standards higher than bull studs spending over 50k on a bull.

i.e. Connealy Comrade a Select Sires superior settler and their #1 bull in semen sales for 2 years, yearling scrotal 35 cm
proof that semen quality produced is more important than factory size.
Want more proof?
Ask the billion living in China. :)

I've seen bulls with Huge testicles fail semen tests, their shape and health are more important too.
Semen test in BSE more important than scrotal size, but that's just my standard. All are entitled to set their own.
I'm not upset, just saying sending a pm if you are interested in the offer is the best way to get further details.

Sorry, I was just trying to defend poor little sim.ang.king from public shame and embarrassment.
But I see in the pedigree the bull's Sire was Red, so he doesn't need my help as he must be use to it by now. :banana:

cattleman99":q32ekkyg said:
Son of Butch":q32ekkyg said:
cattleman99":q32ekkyg said:

I think your putting the cart before the horse. If he can't walk up to do the job it doesn't matter how big his balls are.

Ken

Latest posts