Jury reaches verdict in Chauvin trial. Announcement imminent

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was pretty gentle with the guy, back in the day they'd have cracked his head open with a baton before putting him in cuffs. We've gotten soft as a society.
This coward waited until he had his hands cuffed behind his back before becoming "The Intimidator'.
I have no respect for Floyd. He had been in trouble since early teen years. As far as police brutality, dealing with a 6'-6", 225 pound person high on drugs is a challenge him and his family apparently never considered. He though he was the bull of the woods!

View attachment 3956
I hear its much easier when his hands are cuffed behind his back.

And to think, all Big George had to do to prevent all this was to stay in the back of the squad car the first time they gently settled him in.

You have to watch ALL the video footage to know he had a chance to ride peacefully to jail.

And to think, all Big George had to do to prevent all this was to stay in the back of the squad car the first time they gently settled him in.

You have to watch ALL the video footage to know he had a chance to ride peacefully to jail.
There you go again, putting a dead man on trial instead of the defendant that was actually on trial.

For quite a few years my wife and I have been involved with some church sponsored mission work in various places mine has been limited to here in city and county and some rural communities in other counties. My wife has also been in some large inner city areas in other states. I found a similar distrust and resentment for law enforcement in the rural areas that we often here of from the inner cities as well. Granted the choices that people make affect the interaction with law enforcement. There are also prevailing stereotypes that people outside of those communities hold even among people that live in different areas of the same county. The folks in these communities are self conscious of those views and often standoffish towards outsiders. We have been in some potentially dangerous situations so I understand the unpredictable nature that law enforcement may have to work with. The views held are generational and often very different than what most would think. Even though a person may indeed be guilty of a crime they are often seen as victims by members of their communities because everybody knows everybody and has sympathy for them. I can easily see the outrage that people have about this situation and can see the same outrage if it were to happen in other communities as well. Part of being around people from different communities is that even though you may not condone their lifestyle or choices, you come to see them as familiar people and in a lot of instances there can be good in people too.

The smug ba$tar cop is a murderer. Floyd wasn't getting up with his hands cuffed behind his back. A hand on his back would have been as safe as a knee on his neck. The crowd didn't like it so the cop showed them that he could do whatever he wanted. The other cop couldn't find a pulse, no matter, I will still stay on his neck for more than 3 additional minutes because I don't care about his life. It's not a cop's job to judge and execute a person who is not violent. Floyd would still be alive with a normal arrest. Lots of people take drugs, should they all be executed?
Maxine Waters should be impeached for attempting to incite a riot. She's an imbecile.

What I can't figure out is what sports has to do with this. I use to enjoy watching sports and after Kapernick and a few like this I am getting to the point I can't stand sports. I do not want one red cent of my TV bill to go to support any sports and I will not be buying any sports tickets or watching either. When Sports became political and a platform to preach and promote racial injustice I am done. People if you want to make a difference then quite supporting their Sports.

That one police officer does not represent every police officer in the United states. If I pass a fake $20 bill and the Police come and I fight back and raise Hell then lords knows what could happen.

Last edited:
A hand on his back would have been as safe as a knee on his neck. The crowd didn't like it so the cop showed them that he could do whatever he wanted.
That was my initial impression too.

Chauvin's lack of emotion throughout the entire trial, the vacant stare in the video with his hands nonchalantly in his pockets are clues that he could be a sociopath and a very dangerous man. Sociopaths are often highly intelligent and learn early on to keep their extreme antisocial attitudes and lack of conscience to themselves. ie The golden gate serial killer was a former cop who's dna connected him to 13 murders, 120 burglaries and 50 rapes.

According to the American Psychiatric Association
About 1 in 35 males are sociopaths
75% of sociopaths are males who are skilled in lying and cheating.

Would be interesting to know the opinion of Chauvin's fellow officers.
I suspect his police chief's willingness to testify and express distain for Chauvin's actions also represent the feelings of others who had worked with him.

Last edited:
What I can't figure out is what sports has to do with this. I use to enjoy watching sports and after Kapernick and a few like this I am getting to the point I can't stand sports. I do not want one red cent of my TV bill to go to support any sports and I will not be buying any sports tickets or watching either. When Sports became political and a platform to preach and promote racial injustice I am done.
What I would like to see is for people like the sports figures, community officials and anyone concerned is to go into the troubled areas be that inner city or small town and rural communities regardless of race and try to show people especially the young that there is a different way and that things don't have to remain the way they are. On the other side of the same coin we have to acknowledge that racism and classism are both real and at play on many levels. Everyone has a part to play in this very serious problem even if just to try and instill values of responsibility and respect for others by trying to be living examples.

I'm a nobody, just usually read, but how can we say that Chauvin was right to administer justice for George's crimes (a counterfeit $20, being on drugs, resisting arrest) right then and there, and then imply you have no faith in the justice system in the next sentence when he faced a jury of his peers? Chauvin wasn't a victim of the justice system, George was.

I'm a nobody, just usually read, but how can we say that Chauvin was right to administer justice for George's crimes (a counterfeit $20, being on drugs, resisting arrest) right then and there, and then imply you have no faith in the justice system in the next sentence when he faced a jury of his peers? Chauvin wasn't a victim of the justice system, George was.
Horse crap he was a frequent flyer of the TDCJ.

Chauvin's lack of emotion throughout the entire trial, the vacant stare in the video with his hands nonchalantly in his pockets are clues that he could be a sociopath and a very dangerous man. Sociopaths are often highly intelligent and learn early on to keep their extreme antisocial attitudes and lack of conscience to themselves. ie The golden gate serial killer was a former cop who's dna connected him to 13 murders, 120 burglaries and 50 rapes.

I suspect his police chief's willingness to testify and express distain for Chauvin's actions also represent the feelings of others who had worked with him.

The guy had a long list of complaints regarding excessive force.

Doesn't matter what you did or what color you are, every American has the constitutional right to a fair and speedy trial, not to be snuffed out in the street, beaten, or gunned down, unless the officer is defending his own life or someone else's. Seems pretty clear that George was of little threat, handcuffed on the ground outnumbered 4-1.

Chauvin was definitely at fault for this, whether it's murder or manslaughter, I don't know, but his actions deserve consequences.

There is still a pretty big problem with police brutality in this country. Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Daniel Shaver, Daunte Wright, to name a few. Too many have gotten off scot-free with a taxpayer funded pension.

I mean, there are laws to protect everyone, and especially LEOs, so that we have a right to use deadly force if we need to. It is against the law to accelerate someone's death, if you truly believe George would have died anyway. I never know what card will be played next in this convo (George would have died within those 9 minutes anyways, even without a knee on his neck?), well, evidence is the only thing that matters, and it says he would not have.

Probably within a span of 10 years or so, in a small town under 20 miles from here a sherif and deputy and in a later unrelated incident another sherif were all killed in the line of duty. Dangerous career choice for sure.
It has always been dangerous but these guys and gals don't deserve to have some punk sneak up behind them and ambush them in their cars as has happened numerous times in the past 2 years. Nor do they deserve the harassment and taunting they endure in certain big cities simply for doing their jobs.

If folks think things are bad now wait until the idiots currently running this county "RE-IMAGINE" the police and the difficult job of policing.

Heaven help us all.

Some good info, but my though was there is a stressed out, under appreciated, underpaid, understaffed police officer who had a history of dealing with this guy and went too far. I worked in a correctional setting many years and at times I felt borderline of going beyond what is necessary it took to get the situation under control. Thank goodness I had thick enough skin it did not happen. Pretty hard to stay in emotional control dealing with someone pushing every button you have.

Chauvin will pay for his actions, but put yourself in his shoes as to him I bet those 9 minutes were like a couple with the adrenaline pumping and dealing will people like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts