Jury reaches verdict in Chauvin trial. Announcement imminent

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think police officers task with the duty of protecting the public should be letting a violent , drug crazed convict have any opportunity to escape...... just saying.
They do have the duty to protect the public, however they do have the responsibility of not unduly harming those in custody either. No doubt in my mind that lots of drug crazed individuals are arrested every day and that type of response is surely not common place.

The bottom line is that none of us on here sat through the trial and saw all of the evidence. We are forming our opinions based on what we have read or been told albeit almost certainly tilted accounts on either side. The 12 member jury heard all of the evidence and made their decision. I accept that and defend it. I would do that regardless of the verdict.

If anyone here thinks that they are in a better position to judge the guilt of a man without listening to all of the evidence, please explain why.

Riots are never justified, either in Minnesota or Washington DC. But I will defend the jury's verdict because that is the system. Sometimes it may not be perfect, but it is the best in the world.

It all depends whether the appeals court thinks the jury followed the judge's instructions and how well they followed them.
Chauvin's attorney requested a mistrial during the trial based on Maxine Water's traveling to Minnesota with a public demand for guilty verdicts on the murder charges not just manslaughter or the people should take to streets if they don't get it. Giving him a 2nd route of appeal.

Judge denied the request, but had harsh words for elected officials interfering with judicial system and influence on outcome of an ongoing trial.

I expect the State to seek 30 year prison term with parole after 20 years
and the defense a 12 year sentence with parole after 8.
But that won't be until late June about 8 weeks from now.

I just hope they don't hang the rookie cop who had only been on the job a week.

p.s.
Police arrested the owner of the vehicle caught on video doing a drive by shooting at National Guard members a couple of nights ago.

Last edited:
Talking to a friend of mine, him telling me what happened with Floyd has caused many companies, many civic organizations, and charities to write in specific clauses of avoiding "systemic racisms", (man I hate that term). Those organization call what happened to Floyd a watershed moment as evidence of how bad "we" are and how poorly we treat people of color.

I guess I live in a fantasy world. I think what happened to Floyd was caused by Floyd, and out of control crime.

Talking to a friend of mine, him telling me what happened with Floyd has caused many companies, many civic organizations, and charities to write in specific clauses of avoiding "systemic racisms", (man I hate that term). Those organization call what happened to Floyd a watershed moment as evidence of how bad "we" are and how poorly we treat people of color.

I guess I live in a fantasy world. I think what happened to Floyd was caused by Floyd, and out of control crime.
Reverse the roles, black officer, white drug addled career criminal. I'd still back the blue.

Should have hit him with the taser instead of wrestling around.
I hear they have those in Minnesota...
LOL - yes, but we Minnesnowtans are color blind and cannot distinguish a taser from a gun.

Police Reform:
How about starting with not pairing rookies?
Chauvin & Tou Thao [Asian] were partners called to back up Lang & Kueng.

Lang & Kueng both Rookies, both with less than 1 Month on the job,
yet Mpls police Dept. chose to pair them as partners.
Even more unbelievable, Mpls police dept has not changed or reformed rules regarding rookie pairings.

Both officers paired in Justine Damon killing had less than 2 yrs experience as cops.

p.s.
Was it racist or sexist that Floyds death/life was deemed to be valued 5+ million more than Justine's?

Last edited:
Only gonna get worse Butch. Why would anybody with the ability to do anything else in life want to remain in law enforcement in the current environment in Minnesota and a half dozen other states?
Probably within a span of 10 years or so, in a small town under 20 miles from here a sherif and deputy and in a later unrelated incident another sherif were all killed in the line of duty. Dangerous career choice for sure.

I have no respect for Floyd. He had been in trouble since early teen years. As far as police brutality, dealing with a 6'-6", 225 pound person high on drugs is a challenge him and his family apparently never considered. He though he was the bull of the woods!

1619010473578.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts