Jury duty

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of spending the last three days on a jury. Ok, it wasn't a lot of fun. I was simply amazed at the mind set of some of the other people on the jury. I am as conservative as anyone. I am all for law and order. Heck I am even for public hangings. But not if the juries are made up of people like these ones. The case presented had reasonable doubt written all over it in red ink. But 9 of the jurors were of the mind set that it is being brought to trial so the guy must be guilty. They seemed more worried about getting back to their jobs than in doing justice. The attacks on the three of us voting not guilty turned personal. It ended with a hung jury. I feel good about my decision on the case but am left feeling very poorly about the dealing with the other jurors.

Dave":196uq3f0 said:
I had the pleasure of spending the last three days on a jury. Ok, it wasn't a lot of fun. I was simply amazed at the mind set of some of the other people on the jury. I am as conservative as anyone. I am all for law and order. Heck I am even for public hangings. But not if the juries are made up of people like these ones. The case presented had reasonable doubt written all over it in red ink. But 9 of the jurors were of the mind set that it is being brought to trial so the guy must be guilty. They seemed more worried about getting back to their jobs than in doing justice. The attacks on the three of us voting not guilty turned personal. It ended with a hung jury. I feel good about my decision on the case but am left feeling very poorly about the dealing with the other jurors.

I have heard that a time or two as well. Just remember before you do something stupid that you will be tried in front of a jury of your peers is what I tell people. There are alot of people that have NO CLUE of the judicial system how it is supposed to work and thats scary.

My Daughter is on the board of a gated community. She stated it is amazing the stupidy of people that worked in big corporations in positions of fiscal responsibility that has no clue on how to get the best buy for your money and spending money responsibly.

hurleyjd":1wj68qgu said:
My Daughter is on the board of a gated community. She stated it is amazing the stupidy of people that worked in big corporations in positions of fiscal responsibility that has no clue on how to get the best buy for your money and spending money responsibly.

That doesn't surprise me we have became a society that only cares if you are smart enough to do college work to get a degree and COMMON SENSE is not needed just as long as you have a degree to go along with it.

Exactly how has the court and a jury changed over the years?

Seems to me it was impossible to convict a white man for raping, hanging, shooting or dragging a black man from a bumper more than 50-60 years ago. So not convicting criminals is proud American History. Now we just throw people in jail for smoking grass.

How many criminal convictions did we see from the financial crisis and bank and investment company fraud?

We even have a Supreme Court that says Money has free speech protections and corporations have civil rights.

Know what I mean?

gimpyrancher":3flrq754 said:

Seems to me it was impossible to convict a white man for raping, hanging, shooting or dragging a black man from a bumper more than 50-60 years ago. So not convicting criminals is proud American History. Now we just throw people in jail for smoking grass.

How many criminal convictions did we see from the financial crisis and bank and investment company fraud?

We even have a Supreme Court that says Money has free speech protections and corporations have civil rights.

Know what I mean?

don't suppose you would consider blowing it out your liberal rear end.

gimpyrancher":140131c9 said:

Know what I mean?

No, I don't.

gimpyrancher":v0iks2c0 said:

Know what I mean?

Not to mention the thousands of aborted babies since Roe v Wade. I know that tears you up.

TennesseeTuxedo":319zeyaz said:
Not to mention the thousands of aborted babies since Roe v Wade. I know that tears you up.

Funny how some feel bad for those unborn babies and yet they refuse to support them if they live. I guess an abortion is wrong but starving them to death is a morally and ethically "right."

I absolutely understand your point of view. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts