Junior breeding heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

showing71

Reaction score
Here's my sister's Red Angus junior breeding heifer. She just started working with her for county fair, and she will be taking her to state fair. She hasn't been pushed on feed at all. Not the best picture, it was sent to me on the phone.
53.jpg

good heifer. but i don't like her legs yet i hate all angus legs. thats just me. but hwtas up with her tail? is she flipping it or is it just really short??

grand chaser09":1dkcz154 said:
good heifer. but i don't like her legs yet i hate all angus legs. thats just me. but hwtas up with her tail? is she flipping it or is it just really short??
Angus legs are horrible, and with her being pulled from the pasture last week there isn't any hair there to help either. She doesn't have a lot of a switch, she was born that way in February during a cold snap I think she got a little bit of frost bite, but she's also flipping it in the picture.

She is a very light boned, fine heifer which isn't my thing at all. How old is she? Also her shoulders concern me a little. From this view they seem to jut out a little too much for me. I guess we'll see how she grows out. Also I'm uneasy about her pelvic structure. From this photo her pins look awfully close to her tail. With such a small heifer the pelvic structure is a major thing to look at.

aussie_cowgirl":1k6fnrp7 said:
She is a very light boned, fine heifer which isn't my thing at all. How old is she? Also her shoulders concern me a little. From this view they seem to jut out a little too much for me. I guess we'll see how she grows out. Also I'm uneasy about her pelvic structure. From this photo her pins look awfully close to her tail. With such a small heifer the pelvic structure is a major thing to look at.
I haven't seen her in a while, so I'm not sure how everything looks on her in person, all I know from what my sister has said is she is the thickest heifer out of all of them. She was born in Feb. '09, so she is very young yet. I'll see her this coming weekend and post pictures after we get her all cleaned and clipped up.

Latest posts