Jump a Fence

Help Support CattleToday:

I watched one over 2000lbs jump a 54" fence from a standing start. He had gotten out to get in with the heifers and I moved him back and was walking the fence trying to find a hole, when he went over it for the second time.

Saw a 2200 lb Holstein jump half way over a 5 foot high gate if that counts.

I haven't had a big bull jump my fence yet, but have had one just destroy the fence instead.

I do however have a heifer that could play the part of the cow jumping over the moon. This #@$&@! cow gets out just to prove she can. I'm trying to get a set of wheels under her, but she's jumping a 5 foot tall corral panel now. This evening, there will be a day of reckoning at the farm. She's either going to be in the pen or 6 foot under it....

Can't say I've ever had one that had the need to jump anything they just kinda level or squash everything in their way.

grannysoo":301wmti5 said:
This evening, there will be a day of reckoning at the farm. She's either going to be in the pen or 6 foot under it....

Would that be a six foot deep hole or six foot to the top of the body or do you just let them gently perculate down to the six foot level on the back forty? ;-)

Jogeephus":1frgsdnh said:
Would that be a six foot deep hole or six foot to the top of the body or do you just let them gently perculate down to the six foot level on the back forty? ;-)

Is that sort of like if a woodchuck could chuck wood how much wood would a woodchuck chuck??? :lol2:

grannysoo":6ry1tzho said:
Jogeephus":6ry1tzho said:

Is that sort of like if a woodchuck could chuck wood how much wood would a woodchuck chuck??? :lol2:

I don't own a backhoe either. Besides, you need a permit to dig a pond don't you? :lol:

don't know what his exact weight was but i watched my neighbors bull go through a fence once... but he did have a little help from my ranchhand guard

The older angus bull my neighbor on the northwest end had could clear a 52" cattle panel welded to a tube steel frame on a gate. The county sheriff took that bull. The total height must be 54 inches and it is across a cattle guard. That bull would clear the cattle guard and gate.

His replacement angus bull was not quite as good of a jumper but my neighbor to the south put a bullet in that bull. He's alive but not as agile any more.

i saw a 2100 lb bull jump a 6ft wooden fence standing next to it flat footed and never touched it like a deer, he was at the sale barn so i saw his weight when he went through the ring.

Cowdirt":6vrqpw57 said:
Just as always; the first one to tell their story ain't got a chance! ;-)

They have 9 foot tapered welded pipe fences at the auction ring. I have seen lots of folks jump when a bull hit that fence full force as high as he could (on occasions). The next time you are at an auction, check out the bends in that fence from previous incidents.

I saw a red angus bull jump clear over a 4020 JD tractor (with a cab), a New Holland skid steer and a 6 foot gate and all from a dead stand still. He weighed 2,274.3367 pounds. He landed so lightly that he never left an impression in the mud with his hooves. His name was Evel Cowneivel.

HOSS":18d0cnoh said:
I saw a red angus bull jump clear over a 4020 JD tractor (with a cab), a New Holland skid steer and a 6 foot gate and all from a dead stand still. He weighed 2,274.3367 pounds. He landed so lightly that he never left an impression in the mud with his hooves. His name was Evel Cowneivel.

Wow! Hoss, I believe every word of it. That'll require some time to beat that one. :)

HOSS":2fv4719m said:

Have you heard about Southern Knievel? He is going to attempt to jump over 1000 yankees with a steamroller... :lol2:

grannysoo":3sfq6mkh said:
HOSS":3sfq6mkh said:

Have you heard about Southern Knievel? He is going to attempt to jump over 1000 yankees with a steamroller... :lol2:

There was a Redneck Knievel. He tried to jump the Tennessee River with a D8 Caterpiller. His one and only attempt was prefaced with the words "hey ya'll.....watch this". The only thing left after he went under was a single, empty, floating beer can :)

grannysoo":19w1tlt9 said:
HOSS":19w1tlt9 said:

heard it never got of the ground, they ran out of yankees doing practice runs

Latest posts