July Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Some more pictures from a couple nights ago - some purebred black girls. Most of our cows are very quiet, not scratchers, but I can touch the majority of them and they will just step away... Bad temperaments do not last very long around here!

IMG_8755sm_zps8d5dwpgk.jpg

heifer calf that will probably stick around as a replacement.

IMG_8794sm_zps9kx43c2a.jpg

another heifer calf that we will probably keep.

IMG_8774sm_zpsw3odbzf6.jpg

3 yr old bull

IMG_8732sm_zpscbjgwvct.jpg

another view - he definitely has his faults but so far we've been really happy with him. His first daughters will calve next spring and I can't wait!

IMG_8798sm_zpss83lluoa.jpg

big red steer

IMG_8823sm_zpskqfnib7q.jpg

yearling heifer

IMG_8838sm_zpsz4wgxqkv.jpg

another yearling heifer

IMG_8839sm_zpsfsscr2zx.jpg

This girl could definitely contend for the ugliest cow award Bought her as a calf and the first year she aborted, decided to give her another chance and we got twins so I guess she's trying to make up for last year. She's still ugly tho....

Hope I'm not boring everyone to death with pictures....

ALACOWMAN":1rov4dk0 said:
Yeah nothing bores me more then looking at good cattle... :cowboy: what bloodline is the bull? He's dandy..

The bull is an S A V Camaro son out of a Peacemaker cow. We were quite happy with his first group of calves last year. The bulls sold well and the heifers that we kept look good (need to get some updated pictures of them...) The two heifer calves at the top of the post are his. He calves easy too, have used him on roughly 35 heifers over the last two years and only helped one that had a leg back.

What a delight to finally see some beautiful red cattle! I thought I detected some Limousin in your first group of pictures. We bred our Limousin heifers to Red Angus bulls years ago and that resulted in some pretty nice cows (they continue to leave their legacy even though they're not around anymore) and lots of extra pounds on the calves. Keep up the good job!

The photo of the "View from the house after some much needed rain" is just, absolutely stunning! Beautiful!

Really nice looking cattle you have there as well.

Latest posts