Votes: 1 2.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 13.9%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
I once saw but didn't get a picture of a great one. A large dairy with a 7 million gallon manure lagoon. They had a 150 hp John Deere tractor running a propeller agitator stirring the lagoon while pumping the manure out. Sitting there unmanned running the pto. Somehow the park brake let loose. It was running full blast when it slid backwards into the manure lagoon. Sitting there in the manure you could barely see the top of the cab.
They eventually got it pulled out. Stripped down, washed out, rebuilt, they eventually got it running again. But the John Deere yellow was always a different shade after that

I once saw but didn't get a picture of a great one. A large dairy with a 7 million gallon manure lagoon. They had a 150 hp John Deere tractor running a propeller agitator stirring the lagoon while pumping the manure out. Sitting there unmanned running the pto. Somehow the park brake let loose. It was running full blast when it slid backwards into the manure lagoon. Sitting there in the manure you could barely see the top of the cab.
They eventually got it pulled out. Stripped down, washed out, rebuilt, they eventually got it running again. But the John Deere yellow was always a different shade after that
Nothing runs like a Deere or smells like a John!

That's gotta be Murray in the two tone chevy.
Somewhere!
And I cannot find it to save my life, is a picture of the truck rolling by us with the dog sitting in the driver's seat looking out the open window at us smiling as he just rolls right into the pond!

Always! Always! Set the park brake....
😔🤣🤣🤣

I'll expound a little!

We were chasing an ornery lil mini hereford that was steered as an 18 month old. Trying to run him along the fence, in a 7 acre trap, to the pens. He was going to slaughter.

There was 2 of us pickup truck cowboys....
We had stopped to re group and chat about it. Ya know, cuss n discuss...

That's when it happened.

We did get the steer caught after that. Worst I've ever eaten! Shoe leather was probly (WOULD HAVE BEEN) better.

they are all pretty good (bad?) hard to choose. that finger injury is exactly why I don't wear rings anymore.

is the helicopter the disaster or the fix?

the big old bull/soon to be steer doing a somersault in the alleyway is mine. his head was tied while we tried to trim his horns but probably too low and he turned over, or pretty much tried to. we got him trimmed with one horn stuck in the ground and then dragged him out backwards with my toyota. got him up and back into the chute to be branded and castrated. he was a little irritated when he came out so we kind of scattered and threw open the gate. he tried to hook another truck on the way out but came up a little short in the horn department. LOL missing from the photo is the husband behind me freaking out that the steer was going to die, it was all over, etc. he hasn't ever been around when we worked the big/rank stuff and tends to panic. and to be honest it sure looked like we might have broke his neck when he laid down with his head under him like that.

Attachments

• 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 100_0009.JPG
    100_0009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
About noon on a January day my wife heard something out by the road. There are trees that block the view of that portion of the road. I hop on the quad to check it out. This truck was hanging over the driveway. The front wheels were about 6 feet off the ground. The trailer was full of a load of fat steers from a feedlot headed to the kill plant. The trailer plowed into the road and kept the whole mess from going off the hill into my driveway. There was barely enough room up on the road to get around it with my quad. We had to get the fire cat (D-7) up behind the trailer to tie on to the trailer before unloading the steers. The weight of the steers was holding the whole thing up. Took a while to get the cat there with our cat skinner. He had to walk the cat up between the river and the irrigation ditch. Then across the ditch and up a steep bank on to the road. Then unload 35 steers. To do that we used my quad to pull a portable loading chute from the neighbor and manage to get it past to the back of the trailer. A couple of the steers were on the hunt. They scattered the help. Herded them down the road to the neighbors corral where another truck could pick them up. Then with a tow truck hooked to the truck and the cat pulling on the trailer we got it back on the road. The tow truck pulled the rig a couple miles down the road to a wide spot. They drove it off 3 days later. Started at noon and got done at 6:00 on a 15 degree day which I wasn't really dressed for.

Thanks everyone!
So the back story starts with a joke; A guy asked a beautiful woman to marry him and she said no. He lived happily ever after, he left the toilet seat up, bought a boat and a sports car.
That fits my neighbor to the letter.
That is JD 7830 on the front of an Ashland scraper. He farms about fifty acres. And also has a 530K Case backhoe and a Porsche.
He was cleaning cat tails out of a pond with the backhoe and hauling them away with the scraper.
I have know idea what he did to stick that tractor in the pond, but he slid into the barn yard in pure panic. We have the the big tractors in our little neighborhood. So he quickly asked if we could come help?!?!I
Had to unhook our JD 4960 off the bat wing and our 1979 JD 8430 four wheel drive off the split row planter. Gathered about 120' of log chain and a couple big clevises.
Hooked it all up, and the neighbor had to crawl through the back window of the tractor to steer.
Pulled him out first try. He drained the engine oil, changed filters and was good to go.

D4948BFA-CFC0-454F-A727-EF83D418B966.jpegA1A4D5BC-8CDE-43F4-A7B9-DA1DF8C9EED4.jpeg4F19739D-8274-4745-996D-2B4EB3F8A099.jpeg
Driving through one of our pasture gates on my side by side I pushed it open and it started closing on me about half way through. I reached out to push it open at the same time I punched the accelerator. Somehow my wedding ring caught in the v shaped chain catch on the gate . It almost jerked me off the side by side and you can see the final results. I've wore a silicone ring after till I lost it and now my wife told me to not bother getting another . At 65 I guess she knows I'm pretty safe now to be hit on by the opposite sex .

Some of you may have seen these before:
1st pic - the ONE spot in the pond that wasn't completely dry after a 3 year drought. When a neighbor came over to pull it out, he asked "What 14 year old boy did THIS?" Ummmm . . . .
2nd pic - Guy that did our custom cutting hired a kid to cut the wheat field. The kid called us, instead of his boss when he ran into a little problem.

Attachments

• 127.JPG
    127.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 39198_413731256151_8111722_n.jpg
    39198_413731256151_8111722_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 17
Some of you may have seen these before:
1st pic - the ONE spot in the pond that wasn't completely dry after a 3 year drought. When a neighbor came over to pull it out, he asked "What 14 year old boy did THIS?" Ummmm . . . .
2nd pic - Guy that did our custom cutting hired a kid to cut the wheat field. The kid called us, instead of his boss when he ran into a little problem.
The farmer that I'm herdsman for did the exact same thing to our four wheel drive tractor while hauling manure. Went across some washed out frozen wheel tracts. SNAP!

Latest posts