Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 13.9%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
View attachment 19726View attachment 19727View attachment 19728
Driving through one of our pasture gates on my side by side I pushed it open and it started closing on me about half way through. I reached out to push it open at the same time I punched the accelerator. Somehow my wedding ring caught in the v shaped chain catch on the gate . It almost jerked me off the side by side and you can see the final results. I've wore a silicone ring after till I lost it and now my wife told me to not bother getting another . At 65 I guess she knows I'm pretty safe now to be hit on by the opposite sex .
You know it's a good one when the fat's hanging out.

I wear a rubber ring too. I like all my fingers right where they are.

I've never worn a ring or a watch, no kind of jewelry. I got to watch enough safety videos in shop class. Wife has never worried about me not having a ring.

Mine is an old one that has been posted before, so most recognized the picture.

I don't worry about flooding any more but someone asked me not long ago if it seemed strange to walk out the back door now and see the swimming pool water glimmering in the dawn early light..
"Naw, That ain't sheet...I seen it before."

Something to hurt your eyes this morning....
all hat, no cows.
sleepingpool.jpg

I wore my wedding ring the day I got married 26 years ago. It hasn't been worn sense and yes she is still around. I was a iron worker at the time and that occupation and jewelry don't go together very well.

Mine is an old one that has been posted before, so most recognized the picture.

I don't worry about flooding any more but someone asked me not long ago if it seemed strange to walk out the back door now and see the swimming pool water glimmering in the dawn early light..
"Naw, That ain't sheet...I seen it before."

Something to hurt your eyes this morning....
all hat, no cows.
View attachment 19771
Oh! The boredom!
I still think ya got room for a couple baby calves.
Get em bought right, straightened out, and re-sell em before they learn how to swim and take over the pool!
🤣

I've never worn a ring or a watch, no kind of jewelry. I got to watch enough safety videos in shop class. Wife has never worried about me not having a ring.
My dad told me stories of wedding ring mishaps. He only wears his for special occasions. Ive never worn jewellery of any kind in my life, my wife used to stand at the door holding my wedding ring whenever we went out, thankfully shes given up now, not on me! Just the ring.

Probably 40 years ago working in the woods I a man step off a yarder and catch his wedding ring. Things came tight before his feet reached the ground. Took his finger off slick as a whistle. Also a guy I knew in college, his wife is missing her ring finger. Caught it stepping off a combine. I don't wear a ring or a wrist watch.

back in the day, jewelry was not allowed on military aviation flight lines and rings were a hazard on drilling rigs so I pretty much got away from wearing any metallic wrist watches and rings 50 years ago. I did, wear a govt issued plastic Timex wrist watch, olive drab green in 70-71. Purportedly not a FOD hazard if one got ingested into a jet engine.
Even today, my USMC ring and wedding ring is on my key chain.

I knew of one farmer loading a straight truck with fat cattle. When He jumped down, hooked his wedding ring and left his finger on the truck.
When I was married, I never took mine off. Caught a lot of **** for it, but I figured that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. Dad worked 38yrs for a grain elevator. Been married 42. He couldn't get his ring off it he had to.

One of my friends lost his ring finger when he slipped climbing down out of his ladder stand. He had to climb back up to retrieve it, made it back to his truck and threw it into the ice chest.
He bypassed our local bandaid station and drove straight to Hot Springs.
They were able to stitch it back on, and he has reasonable use of it. His wife allowed him to go naked in public after that.

Dad came close to losing his ring finger once. He still wears his. He did cut off the end of his index finger with the chop saw, he grabbed it and headed off for the ER. He then told his brother that they were not going to the ER because they charge him to much for walking through the door. He then had his brother take him to the doctors office, there was no waiting, they got him in a room right off. I think they had every doctor and nurse in the office come check on him. They sewed it back on; it's a bit crooked, and it get cold easily.

It's not my finger I'm so worried about - I wouldn't sacrifice my ring!!;)😁
👍 :)
I had a platinum band. I was leaning towards titanium, but the jeweler told me if I got it caught the EMTs would cut my finger off because they don't carry anything that can cut titanium.

While I missed the contest, I feel compelled to show mine. :) Yes, I walked away from this unharmed. The canopy stopped when it hit the steering wheel. Caught it by 2".

y4mp1aaujoHCANF1leIfMRhBpB0A6BO2AjbVB7WKl5lG2Um1hTDxEa6D9WPpcCIzlwCRYjOvNJ5fVwbsO7IrDY2wtTXm_Wvd6aY6GYVQ3zmyP7dr2glGOPdBv_yjUWbYiMpi-YBX1YFX1E_mEb2nDucS-aumEHEuem_n8-b4Vjg1p1F6JiylDCkvm-b5KrAP1SO

This is one neighbor's truck. There was another truck that tried to pull him out but also got stuck. It took a week of drying to get them both out.
y4mZejiWemsKU7PmgXZoUbyyVxQDXksULFDeI4Yihspw1v91KBiVeCls6YFqep8jrVjNx3ZI1YZu6jneihrlxgp_6sdJDSj1gpQT-KoDpgDx11mQUTn7l0JT3aqZTmkzDpxfjT9C7x-HhI8VBnmukRUfY0PyzbQUv3ZNMdXnxNcn4X8RhA7rnJcBAGXOUVIap-k

But the real failure:

First, I got my truck stuck.
y4mDgrv9Sri8kkwn47GqtUJNPsQHDYwMH0118q_f6B8Xfn3JQjnISxcpdTHqKZV0yZ4jm5mrO3IjGnIolNi2ZRpOPFaPPByaekdOzaN2-09XwPPm_DrEPKaQmUfH0spgFkQ7EEsIJRS46R82MlcHNYQNAQ5YS1S8trioD2HFmDqRIP6NvIvg6eIonVUKm68Dj85

Then my neighbor got his truck stuck trying to get mine out.
y4m1U2mVG4L6kJ_XBU7MNolkBJi4hXgyEmYvFRFYIAoJ4nm-yVihNMYNXU6rSqrhEf79NOI9obN8xmlKvebKbVC_wc4O03d4ZPo58RPih2UrIfH0UojTeSj-ZB6LAGEuoUm8X44vxYMyJwyiKWl7-TSQTtZbsk8XMb8HfeSzwuM2aJsdHmWg5BJ9OBTl7t--I4V

NOTE: He never had a chance to move after he stopped to back up.

No worries, I have a tractor that can pull us both out. Or not. This tractor was sitting on top of the ground the night before when the wheels were spinning. It sunk during the night.
y4mBLHBwx5yhQd3Hesl-MPV1FdHNWdutoF0VbGqodpXBttXsoSBedO5A0fmoH5W0wpDiV3r50hOJx23yomrECES8NniT4g5-VQWdU6fZbbN-tDvfYwcKYsu9FSE6lLTF7OTOqUEH41rjEktTawfimq6Eh03QFuDYdhYS0cZce8IKb6Kuk1SozuscB4tC9XH2yIQ

Then my neighbor thought he could use his tractor to pull his truck out. I think he is an idiot - it was not 4WD. But somehow, he got between my tractor and his truck. My tractor is in front of him and his truck is to the left behind him and my truck is in the middle of the photo behind the clump of trees.
y4mWLQrxhbwxV2YB4z5qFJtmwnnyn5PtV-g5QTXFjFbyYO3jlBh4AJmkpT5yuW7naxr-Qz5pmjAXAMckUIyINunId3qfhvQEdk6QEMdxpGE79kxabLta1BoxogJBeHUbNtkiQjMIAugvPodsojiZWTbEfpmvJtxWvniCoMGfKgBJMy1pLEl8rA-haVVruUoJjn5

No worries! The other neighbor has a D5 Cat! Hahahaha! He did get my tractor out first.
y4m2aK-mE0xFxVXl7UawTqxp89toWo1bqJ0r6Ra7LeZ9_gHZD3pUUtw5M4cAWuKGPIabiaoivl6-aS29v0oPNv04yZWs_pIvk2fMeBoSaSRgvBlC9uQDESY3pRFk-iq8y7u2eLJJtfoomePYVpMexBDXohpAB-Zl0Ghcp1wMEtSfqUoiETH0DiibgD80osMZw62

Sliding into the underground spring.
y4mtPlALVe90CFR0O6njxkXu3ht6qn-ZVenW-bIi25G8kwuffvvl-0iSduYP-Wj2g0bWGGgxWKFdMZcpO6RqhdFC2TH08dbDY1NLxnEJdBkQ76lyPi0cnf_r4LhNaoY1QYYCg57kY2s4w2iJIGnpkKDBPxTVZHtPNOK4mwdLmAcwbU52CcvIDWfnf7VmmuKmilC

But with a little ingenuity and 2 tractors, we did get the Cat out. Then the JD out. Then the neighbor's truck and finally the Cat pulled my truck to high ground. It was the one that was the most difficult to get out.

That haybale type wreck I've come close to once myself. scary.

My old place was like your 'stuck' pics. Hard on top but more often than not, you break thru, you sink deep. 4wd won't help. I kept a lot of LONG chains and wire cables.

Yes GB, I collect chains like some people collect trinkets. I think I have over 100' maybe over 150 feet. This is pretty much virgin ground. Very few vehicles and no livestock.

Latest posts