Judge this bull...pic

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
A couple months ago I made a post on the epd's and pics of some bulls I was looking at. We still have not gotten a new bull but thought I would show what I am trying to replace.
This bull has no papers to my knowledge and did not know much of his history, bought as a 2 year old in 2001.

82cf4f8c.jpg

Her are some of his calves from last year.
c9706165.jpg

Good looking bull. I know many reg bulls that are not as good of individuals as he is. Very good calves with lots of length.

He could stand to be used in many commercial herds.

That guy has either been very well fed, or bred only a few animals. Looks good - how does he stand up to 40 cows while living on grass alone? Got any end of breeding season pics?

Bez'

Bez'":2slllw5j said:
That guy has either been very well fed, or bred only a few animals. Looks good - how does he stand up to 40 cows while living on grass alone? Got any end of breeding season pics?

Bez'

Mostly all grass and hay only give grain once in a while to keep them coming up in corral, usually a bucket full once every week or two. Right now we only have about 18 breeding age cows and heifers.

He wouldn't look that good after I put him on 40 cows for a couple of months. I like the looks of him right now...calves too!!

Very good looking bull, I like his length which carried over to his calves. My best bull happens to not be registered either which was a shot in the dark when I bought him but is paying off now.

Latest posts