Judge these bulls.

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz

Reaction score
I wanted those here on CT to go ahead and rip these buls apart. If I can get the pics loaded, I want you to tell me the good and bad points you see. Here goes a test.

blackcowz":yulhngmr said:
I wanted those here on CT to go ahead and rip these buls apart. If I can get the pics loaded, I want you to tell me the good and bad points you see. Here goes a test.

Overall a very good specimen, if I really have to find fault he could have been just a touch deeper with a slightly lower flank.

His strengths are his very good structure, muscle, masculinity, length and a great topline.

The photo of his son is such an awkward angle that I can't say much except he looks to have muscle and capacity.

Thank you KNERSIE. I would be using him on one cow that is fairly deep and another that is VERY thick and deep, so that shouldn't present too large of a problem. Thanks for the feedback so far. Please keep it coming. :D

I prefer the first bull to the show bull. I really like to evaluate them in their working clothes, where you can see what they really look like. I love his thickness, masculinity, depth, muscle. These are the same kind of bulls we produce. We are in business to grow beef and that is a fine example of that.

braunvieh":1889lk8z said:
I prefer the first bull to the show bull. I really like to evaluate them in their working clothes, where you can see what they really look like. I love his thickness, masculinity, depth, muscle. These are the same kind of bulls we produce. We are in business to grow beef and that is a fine example of that.
Thank you. I think I have my mind made up.

blackcowz":2fd54qme said:
Aaron, KNERSIE, I luv Hrfrds, HerefordSire and other Hereford breeders, I want to have opinions on those herf bulls and then I can let you all alone. :D

Depending on what you want to use the bull for, neither would be my preference, but for the showring I'd rather go with the Lagrande bull (Reload?)

KNERSIE":xs6y1d4i said:
blackcowz":xs6y1d4i said:
Aaron, KNERSIE, I luv Hrfrds, HerefordSire and other Hereford breeders, I want to have opinions on those herf bulls and then I can let you all alone. :D

Depending on what you want to use the bull for, neither would be my preference, but for the showring I'd rather go with the Lagrande bull (Reload?)
No, I looked him up, and he doesn't look like the reload bull. :???: Anyway, do you have any relatively growthy Herefords in mind that I might be able to use? Not worried so much about bring show ring types as I am for feeding out and weaning a good sized calf.

If you're looking for growthy terminal calves i would go with the first one KCF Bennett. He is one of the best carcass sires in the hereford breed and will consistently throw growthy calves.

very nice bulls im impressed.
the first one could be a touch deeper but since your breeding to deept hick cows it shouldn't be a problem. they're both very stout bulls. i would use them anyday.

When we were looking to branch out to Shorthorns I liked Buster back then. Still like him today

Latest posts