Judge my jersey heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

I know this is an old thread but I can't see the picture of auctionguy's heifer or regoliths heifer. All I see is a little bitty picture of a photo with a big red X over it.

Three things I like about Jerseys- The amount of cream, their dispositions and their pretty little heads. But I'm not trying to run a dairy.

Holstiens have watery milk, big old heads and muzzles on 'em like a vacuum cleaner.

Last edited:
I test a dairy that has 3 strings.... B/W holsteins, R/W holsteins, and Brown Swiss. They are all registered and they show. The WHOLE herd averages 4.3 % BF... so the watery milk is not true.
Big animals YES...
The old joke about having a couple holsteins in the herd to flush out the good milk from the lines went the way of the dinosaurs. And there are a couple on different farms I test that want to come see what you are doing... one will steal any soda bottle she can get her tongue around and DRINK the soda... she is a hoot.

There is a goat in west Texas that drinks beer from the bottle. He was elected mayor of the town.
e78546cca9749f19d0e61f214911269d.jpg

The Holstein dairy herd that Honeydew came from has 20% Jerseys to sweeten the butterfat content. They have hol/jer crossbreds too.

Latest posts