judd ranch sale

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
we went to the judd ranch sale last saturday. had some bulls picked out and man they went thru the roof. we decided we had good taste because our picks sold high with alot of interest. every black bull sold high, we bought a red puebred gelbvieh, extra exposure son. the place was packed the food was good the bidding was intense. everybody i talked to that bought bulls before were very pleased. was anyone else there?

We didn't go to the sale, but we stopped by the Judd's place about 2 years ago for a tour. They've got one of the most uniform groups of cows (for that large of a herd) that I've seen. Nice looking cattle, plus the Judds themselves were very hospitable.

I'd be interested in seeing pics of the bull if you ever get around to it.

i will as soon as i can i haven't seen him since we unloaded him saturday night at the other farm. my son lives over there. here are some numbers i am not that familiar with the EPD's for gelbvieh
bw 73 - 205 day 839 - yearling 1307 - SC 40 on 1/15/10
CE 106 - bw 1.2 - ww 40 - yw 72 - milk 14

jcarkie":133b7aql said:
i will as soon as i can i haven't seen him since we unloaded him saturday night at the other farm. my son lives over there. here are some numbers i am not that familiar with the EPD's for gelbvieh
bw 73 - 205 day 839 - yearling 1307 - SC 40 on 1/15/10
CE 106 - bw 1.2 - ww 40 - yw 72 - milk 14

Those are some great numbers, especially the ww and yw.. BUT I am guessing by the scrotal measurement that the boy probably had the feed pushed on him pretty hard.

I look forward to the pics though.. :)

Latest posts