Joplin MO School Shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":1ydimq17 said:
aplusmnt":1ydimq17 said:
peg4x4":1ydimq17 said:
Alice":1ydimq17 said:
Students are taught to fight intruders:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15759624.htm

I saw that----same as airline passengers--For a long time it was "Sit tight,we're going to Cuba" Now it's "Let's roll!" Only logical to me,a swarm of 5th graders would make most anyone run..

Something just does not sound right to me. Not sure this is the smartest move. Hard for me to put my hand on it exactly. But teaching some grade school kids to attack a armed person just does not register.

I would like to see some statistics to how many times Guys with guns in schools were talked out of shooting anyone. In this Joplin MO case in the end the Kid left due to the Principals words not violence.
We might find that due to the media's exploiting of these things that you are safer to hide and hope they can negotiate withe the armed person. I would have to see some data before I made a choice. We do not always hear of the cases of school violence that were disarmed with no violence.

Now if a guy is shooting, and already killed maybe a teacher might have to say lets get this guy if he walks in our room. But not sure attacking at first sign of a gun is the smartest things for an 8 year old.

I thought the kid left 'cause his gun jammed.

I'm not saying I'm for or against this...I just thought the article interesting.

Alice

The gun did jam but the way they described it was the principal herded the kid out of the hall way and out the door after he shot it in the ceiling and it jammed.

Personally once I seen it jam that might have been an opportunity to attack the kid, but who knows how familiar the principal was with guns or even thinking straight.

The kid kept saying don't make me do this, and the principal kept talking to him and moving him towards the door. Then the kid turn and ran but by that time the Police were outside waiting on him and got him as he came out the door.

I am not sure I am against kids fighting, just some red flags pop up for me. I would need more thought and info on the matter.

Latest posts