jonsered chainsaw

Help Support CattleToday:

heath":3tbo7iyd said:
they must have changed their policy, Atwoods sells them here now. Atwoods is a farm store.
All the farm stores here have a mechanic, it's TSC and the hardware stores, like lowes, that don;t

There are three brands of chainsaw: Husquarna, Jonsered and Stihl. The first two are swedish brands the third is german. All are good.
Oregon makes good bars and chains; they even make them for husquarna and jonsered, with subtle differences, they use better steel for both of them than what they use for the oregon brand, and they use really poor paint on the "jonsered" bars... :2cents: :wave:

ANAZAZI":3lientjj said:
There are three brands of chainsaw: Husquarna, Jonsered and Stihl. The first two are swedish brands the third is german. All are good.
Oregon makes good bars and chains; they even make them for husquarna and jonsered, with subtle differences, they use better steel for both of them than what they use for the oregon brand, and they use really poor paint on the "jonsered" bars... :2cents: :wave:

Don't you mean lower quality steel for the Husky and Jonsered bars? I have seen many Husky bar completely obliterated (split in half like a piece of wood), but not an Oregon bar. More flat filing of a Husky bar as well. Even the chains are of poorer quality.

Only Oregon bars and chains here.

shaz":muovrvu9 said:
skyhightree1":muovrvu9 said:
since we are all friends here i will go ahead and admit there is one stihl model I will never own...

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain- ... msa160cbq/

But it makes more sense than the suburbanite that "had a Homelite for 20 years and never had a problem with it".

It's not for people that .........actually do stuff??

FYI: I own 4 saws. All Stihl.

Electric saws would not last in my industry.

I have a Stihl, an old homelite, a John Deere, and a Poulan. The Poulan I have had for over 20 years, and does great for medium sized jobs. The Stihl is such a workhorse, and use it for the bigger jobs. Homelite and John Deere were given to me and they both are great little machines that seem to run forever.
But then again, I take really good care of them when I am done with them, and keep the chains sharp. Hate a dull chain

skyhightree1":3l9jrkhx said:
shaz":3l9jrkhx said:
skyhightree1":3l9jrkhx said:
since we are all friends here i will go ahead and admit there is one stihl model I will never own...

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain- ... msa160cbq/

But it makes more sense than the suburbanite that "had a Homelite for 20 years and never had a problem with it".

It's not for people that .........actually do stuff??

FYI: I own 4 saws. All Stihl.

Electric saws would not last in my industry.

That's not the point. They would last forever on elm street.

That's not the point. They would last forever on elm street.[/quote]

I am not on elm street but I am happy for the people on elm street... so electric saws have no place with me.

Aaron":f3o8z5zg said:
ANAZAZI":f3o8z5zg said:

Don't you mean lower quality steel for the Husky and Jonsered bars? I have seen many Husky bar completely obliterated (split in half like a piece of wood), but not an Oregon bar. More flat filing of a Husky bar as well. Even the chains are of poorer quality.

Only Oregon bars and chains here.

I too use oregon bars and chains.The bars are better and the chains are worse, you are so right about the flat filing.

I use a jonsred and they stand up.. Performance and easy servicing are both plus. They are a good saw and i cut a lot of hedge(osage orange) very hard wood.

thanks everyone. it was ordered monday and should be in next week. I went by the store and looked at the 20" models so the 24" I have coming should be a beast.

i tell ya m5 since this post I went and looked at those saws they are almost identical to the poulan saws i was in tractor supply and looked at them and held them 1 major thing I didn't like was the jonsered had a gd primer bubble that was an instant killer for me I don't want any saw that needs a primer to get started and also those lil mf dry out crack then your S.O.L theplastic casing its made out of is identical to the poulan and not very well made I can't speak on the performance as I do not have one. I snapped a few pics so everyone could see what im saying.

Tennessee I would never own one with that. Now some of my stihls have a compression relief valve to make it start easier on the bigger saws with alot of power but it does not need a gas squirt to start which in my opinion is a MAJOR FLAW for me that is.. I hope M5 gets a saw he can pass down to a grand child but jonsered you have no home at my place.

The professional saws don't have a primer bulb in them, but the run-of-the-mill saws for small jobs, do.

There are times when felling big trees that my 65cc Husky isn't quite enough to get the job done at a pace I like, and a 120cc with a 30"+ bar would be nice. The 45cc is very nice for limbing and brush clearing.

I ordered the full time forestry use 70 cc. They don't have them in stores. I went by the still dealer todayand gave him the specs for a comparable stihl. Right at 700 bucks and everything else was the same.

M5farm":vr26gro4 said:
I ordered the full time forestry use 70 cc. They don't have them in stores. I went by the still dealer todayand gave him the specs for a comparable stihl. Right at 700 bucks and everything else was the same.
If you could get a 70cc for $450 thats a good deal. Thats about the same size as my 044 Stihl and I gave more than that for it over 10 years ago. Thats the same size as a Stihl 441 or a Husky 576 and either would be $800 here. It should be a good fast saw for the farm. I still don't think I would buy one for the log woods.

I'm late to the party but here in Oregon I own a stihl and I see many more stihl saws in work shops, barns and in the back of pickups than any other brand of saw. I owned a pulling for years ( that's how it should be spelled), bought a stihl a few years back. Two pulls and plenty of power. I'm not sure what the loggers up here use, Dave has done some logging he may know.

I bought a Husky 346XP last summer and never had a chance to use it much until today. I had to cut some 20yr old Oak ties and it went thru em like butter. I really like the saw and i have never used anything with a chain that sharp.

I had a big McCulloch with a 36 in bar for years and with a chipper chain on it it was he[[ on those same ties 13 years ago but it sure wasn't as smooth as this Husky.

One of the reasons i bought it was it hits the top of it's power curve faster than most saws and you can sure feel the difference.

Latest posts