jonsered chainsaw

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2vjghqjd said:
Those anti kickback chains are ridiculous... thats like eating S... with a splinter...

Oregon still makes the chipper chain. That's all I'm buying now.

snake67":21hex3fd said:
skyhightree1"The only thing Husq has going for them is the chains IMO stay sharper than Stihls do so I am not strictly all about Stihl.[/quote:21hex3fd said:
Chain performance has nothing to do with the saw driving it.

It is what you are cutting and where you are sticking the bar.

I probably have 15 or so chains hanging in the shop right now from all makers - jobbers included.

Hit one rock or nail and it needs to be sharpened no matter the label on the chain.

My best

Bez

I have to disagree because I personally have cut the same thing with Stihl chains vs Husq same wood no touching nails or digging into the ground and Husq chains have remained sharper However I agree with the nail and rock and dirt if you hit that chains done no matter who made it :2cents: . As for chainsaw brand not all brands have the same quality sure all chainsaws are made to cut but when it comes to longevity of the product there is no way you can put a homelite in the same class as a Stihl Husq or Jonser. That is comparing apples to oranges. You will find people who have owned a homelite or poulan for 30 years say never had a problem with it and its greatest thing ever but that same person may use a saw to trim a tree once a year or every other year. I am no rookie to chainsaws and have no biased opinion on anything because of color I go with what gets the best bang for my buck. I am a certified arborist and use the best tools out there that I can buy which happens to be Stihl. When I first started my business I had lil money and used homelite poulan husq it worked for a while but i needed something more durable so I bought a fleet of stihl and have not looked back since. These saws are worked 8 hours a day 6 days a week weather permitting in rain snow what have you and sing a tune and never miss a beat. :2cents:

When I was younger I cut logs for a paycheck as a lot of young guys in this part of east texas did. I used a husky for a few years before buying a stihl. I really can't say one was better than the other and a lot of loggers use them both. I can say I own a 044 stihl now. For the farm about any higher quality saw will do. Cutting logs the husky or stihl are the only two I would consider.

skyhightree1":33at26x6 said:
B&M Farms":33at26x6 said:
Cutting logs the husky or stihl are the only two I would consider.

I gotta agree with you on that.
I don't use one regular but I do have a tendency to be hard on equipment. The stihls are the only ones I haven't completely ruined. Although I've come close :bang:

M5farm":3lfghj2o said:
think i'll just buy one of everything
I know some folks that have done that, one at a time trying to find one that will stay together and out of the shop. Poulan, unless things have changed, is now owned by Husqvarna, as is McCulough and most other yard and outdoor power equipment. Yep, that piece of junk Poulan Wild Thing is actually a Husqvarna Wild Thing.
So is that equally piece of crap Wood Shark you can see in Pawn Shops all over the country for $20.

I never said Stihl was better than a Jonsered--just that they are good saws. Lots of logging here in East Texas, and all I've ever seen are Stihl and Husqvarna.

greybeard":99kxkom5 said:
M5farm":99kxkom5 said:
think i'll just buy one of everything
I know some folks that have done that, one at a time trying to find one that will stay together and out of the shop. Poulan, unless things have changed, is now owned by Husqvarna, as is McCulough and most other yard and outdoor power equipment. Yep, that piece of junk Poulan Wild Thing is actually a Husqvarna Wild Thing.
So is that equally piece of crap Wood Shark you can see in Pawn Shops all over the country for $20.

I never said Stihl was better than a Jonsered--just that they are good saws. Lots of logging here in East Texas, and all I've ever seen are Stihl and Husqvarna.

I thought I might get some imput from our NW group on what the loggers up there use. I guess I'll have to rewatch axe men and look at the color of their saws

Granted, that we in E. Texas generally do not have the larger size trees they have in Pac NW and Canada.
(thought I'd make that a clear admission before one of our northern friends brought it up)

From the "comments" :
It can cut through a dozen or more 8" to 12" logs on a charge with power left over for dozens of smaller logs and branches. It is light enough to hold one-handed straight upwards to trim overhanging branches with ease
There's a trip to the ER just waitin to happen.

greybeard":fjtiu0jb said:
Granted, that we in E. Texas generally do not have the larger size trees they have in Pac NW and Canada.
(thought I'd make that a clear admission before one of our northern friends brought it up)
Yeah, theirs is bigger than yours :lol: Don't you just hate that?

skyhightree1":n7g6z77t said:
since we are all friends here i will go ahead and admit there is one stihl model I will never own...

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain- ... msa160cbq/

But it makes more sense than the suburbanite that "had a Homelite for 20 years and never had a problem with it".

It's not for people that .........actually do stuff??

FYI: I own 4 saws. All Stihl.

jedstivers":bq1xtiym said:
greybeard":bq1xtiym said:
Yeah, theirs is bigger than yours :lol: Don't you just hate that?
Not really--I hate trees--period. The just obscure the view, fall on your fences, and drop leaves and needles all over the place.

Quality aside, the main advantage I see to Stihl is that in order to sell them the company requires they have a Stihl trained mechanic. Trying to get parts or repair for some of the other brands can be iffy at best.