Joke of the day section

Help Support CattleToday:

Quote from Campground Cattle:
I totally agree with you my wife taught BAC for years, the problems start at home. I remebered getting slapped away from the supper table at 17 and I deserved it for back talking my mom. You forgot one problem I think is paramont and its church house doors that parents aren't using.
My hat is off to you and all teachers I think you are terribly underpaid and overworked in todays school districts. Thanks for your work and dedication. End quote.

I agree! The church used to do what parents didn't. Now more and more kids don't get that education. In the public schools, we can't 'legally' be the church for kids - but we can set an example that lets them see the church in us. A lot of parents say they don't want to force religion on their kids. They will let them decide what they want to do when they are old enough to understand. By then they usually aren't interested in learning about it. After all, it wasn't important to mom and dad, assuming both are even in the picture. Do these people let their kids play in the road or around a campfire until they are old enough to understand on their own? I hope not. I would gladly accept a raise (not going to happen this year - all salaries frozen and extracurricular duty stipends cut because of state budget cuts), but I don't really think I'm underpaid. I could make a lot more money working as a chemist than I can by teaching chemistry, but I wouldn't like that. I worked in the mining industry 16 years and made more money back then than I do now after teaching for the past 11 years, but I hated it. I may not have as much money but I'm much richer. Plus, in my opinion, Missouri has an excellent retirement program for teachers. Thanks for the compliment. We know we are appreciated but we are human (contrary to the kids' beliefs - don't let them find out) and it's nice to hear it every now and again.

My chemistry teacher in High school is the reason I'm as successful today. The love of chemistry and working in the petrochemical industry has made for an enjoyable career.

I must be old. My dad is/was the greatest reason I've made whatever of myself that I have.
Dead for over 25 years and he's still an influence.
And I still miss him!

dun

Campground Cattle":d3yrtkuw said:
My chemistry teacher in High school is the reason I'm as successful today. The love of chemistry and working in the petrochemical industry has made for an enjoyable career.

dun":1zskiw25 said:
I must be old. My dad is/was the greatest reason I've made whatever of myself that I have.
Dead for over 25 years and he's still an influence.
And I still miss him!

dun

Campground Cattle":1zskiw25 said:

My Dad was my greatest influence for the love of the land and the bigest influence in my life to Dun. I just had a great chemistry/biology teacher that turned what I thought were hieroglyphics into english.

My biggest influence is a tie between my father and grandfather. Great men both accomplishing great things in different fields of work. Now it's kind of a three way partnership with the operation of the farm, but those two will always amaze me.

Young people of this caliber give me hope for the future. Although I really think that the trouble makers and problem kids are the ones that are in the minority, as usual, they're the ones that make the news and are most visible. The kids that are reliable, straight shooters, and have values jsut keep plugging along in the background and not getting the credit they deserve.
Keep your integrity and stay true to your upbringing. I really commend your parents and grandparents for a job well done.

dun

Jake":22khujim said:
My biggest influence is a tie between my father and grandfather. Great men both accomplishing great things in different fields of work. Now it's kind of a three way partnership with the operation of the farm, but those two will always amaze me.

Jake":1oub3hgy said:
Thank you greatly Dun, My family has done a great job bring us up and I'm glad it shows.
Make sure you let them know what a great job they've done, they would love to hear the words.

Just my opinion again, but the value of your stock just skyrocketed! I want to offer you a sincere apology. I posted to the board when a PM would have been more appropriate. Please accept my apology!

Apology accepted, and please accept mine in return, I should have thought it through more, didn't think it was that bad but on closer review it didn't need to be posted.

With that said, let's get this topic back on track and tell some good jokes!!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I know this is kind of an off-colour joke, but after having my taxes done I figured maybe somebody else might be in the same boat and could use a good laugh. If this is too raunchy, let me know.

Take care and hopefully enjoy!

Ole and Lena

One cold fall day Ole and Lena were out for their customary drive in the country. Suddenly Lena cried out, "Ole, stop da car deres a dead skunk by da side of da road!

"So vat," Ole said.

"But Ole, der's a bunch of baby skunks standing aroun her and dey look so cold."

So Ole stopped the car and Lena got out and gathered the baby skunks in her apron. After a while Lena noticed that the little skunks were still shivering. She said,"Ole, the poor skunks are still cold, vat shoul I do?"

"Vell, vy don't you hike up your skirt and put dem down der ver it's varm?"

"Ya Ole, but vat about da smell?"

"Oh, de vill get use to it."

Latest posts