johnson grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
The johnson grass has took over our field what should we do!? Its crazy!

I can't build a tee pee and run around singing like I am an indian! :( I do want a tee pee! For real! I was thinking about making some all around in our field so it looks like the Indian live with the cows. Or maybe I just make a HUGE one like 20-40 ft and a bunch of lil ones and the cows can used like barns. :lol: Maybe I could get my cows to smoke "peyote" and they get the munchies.... :lol: ! OH YEA! Cows with munchies would eat more and be bigger fatter cows! :lol: :banana: :idea: OK I am soooo KIDDIN'! Maybe I could get the vet to write them a prescription to marijuana! Wooohooo! Yep, I bet that's why them Cali cows are so happy! Hmmm... What are Ky cows!? Just homie smiling ky cows!? Hmm...mine is like hood cows! :lol: Country hood cows! Bless their hearts! Can vets write prescription to marijuana!? :lol: Ooooh to funny! I'd ask mine I don't care! I think cancer doctor can, but I don't think any other doctors around here can. I don't know.

So is the question :?: How to get rid of johnsongrass growing in your marijuana field? Or, How to get rid of the marijuana growing in your johnsongrass field?
Which ever it is I would first suggest you stop smoking the stuff. It seems it's starting to have an effect on you.

Chevy":2kw5es0h said:
The johnson grass has took over our field what should we do!? Its crazy!
Give thanks to The Lord that you have had enough rain for something to grow.... :2cents:

I would think pot would work great in a feedlot. We have the Golden Flake factory and I would like to get some of those by products for feed.
Would work like this: First, I feed mary juana to the cows and then they lay around and eat Doritos. I'll have to put a tv in for them though. ;-)

I went to a meeting last night where one of the speakers said that morphine is now cheaper than pot and easier to get. That would include all the oxy class drugs. Crazy world we live in.

HOT DAYUM! You get some mophine I want a truck load with a semi tractor! :D JUST KIDDIN'! Ok ok ok! I will tell my dirty lil :secret: ...I do have a serious....I am a compulsive shopper. I been thinking I need rehab or something, but I like it so I just keep shopping. :nod:

Really, what can I do about the Johnson grass no :bs: ?! I do pray and thank the Lord for everything I have. I pray all ya'll in Tx will get rain and better weather too.

Chevy":3gd5fz7x said:
HOT DAYUM! You get some mophine I want a truck load with a semi tractor! :D JUST KIDDIN'! Ok ok ok! I will tell my dirty lil :secret: ...I do have a serious....I am a compulsive shopper. I been thinking I need rehab or something, but I like it so I just keep shopping. :nod:

Really, what can I do about the Johnson grass no :bs: ?! I do pray and thank the Lord for everything I have. I pray all ya'll in Tx will get rain and better weather too.
The best answer for that is get more cattle. They love the stuff, it's always the first thing gone when I rotate pastures. The reason you don't see it in pastures most times is because cattle keep it eat down to a frazzle and it can't reseed, therefore it dies out. If you get a rain directly following a drought (a problem you don't have for now) or for 10days after a freeze it can be toxic. Other than that it's great feed for cattle.

Oh ours has became BIG like HUGE over grown sticks....I am talking like mini tree johnson grass. Do you think they cows just go eat that too!? I am not dumb I really just don't know. I ask my vet well not my vet, but the cow's vet...he said it was GREAT. Thank you! :)

Do something quick, after that Johnson grass gets a frost or freeze its poison for a couple days afterward, after a while its all right to graze again.

Chevy":2qnmj3zy said:
Oh ours has became BIG like HUGE over grown sticks....I am talking like mini tree johnson grass. Do you think they cows just go eat that too!? I am not dumb I really just don't know. I ask my vet well not my vet, but the cow's vet...he said it was GREAT. Thank you! :)

Prussic Acid Poisoning
http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/ansci/livestoc/v1150w.htm

I just pissed on it and it fixed all my problems! :lol:

u4411clb":3rj0t8g6 said:
What about if it is baled as hay any chance of poisoning then?
I have fed many bales of it and it is excellent hay. Just have it tested for nitrates.

2011003.jpg

This is our field! Its just crazy...we can't put out calfs in there we would lost them! :lol: We could however make a johnson/ hay grass snake spider chigger halloweener maze! :lol: Or I just hop on the big o' tractor after the first cold (gota wait for the chigger to go away!) (them b's and I don't get along!) and start chug chug chuging along! My o' man is allgery to grass! Talk about fun! He swell up his eyes and face! He so silly he puts on a mask, motorcycle goggles, take his meds, and goes to bushhog. He said if that doesn't work he is getting scuba gear. Bless his heart! :tiphat:

Mine is BIG o' sticks mini sticks should I bale is!? LOL!

Latest posts