John Deere

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Looking at a 1993 John Deere 5200 tractor; 60 hp?. 1900 hours; paint is faded pretty good so it sat outside a lot; has fairly new tires on the front; about half wore out tires on the back; John Deere front-end loader and factory hay spike. Any big problems with these tractors? Guy said I could get it for $14,000.00. Is it a good deal?

No its not a good deal. You can buy a brand new one for that price. About that size start at $13,999.

Right here is a brand new 5203 Tractor. Check it out Click Here

I would say $10,000 would be a fair price for the tractor you described. Especially if it sat outside alot, maybe even lower.

Mongoose is right it do sound pricey.We got a 5210 99 model that has 1500 hours on it the only trouble we have had is the clutch rod.

rattler

Thanks for the help, don't think he would drop that low, he started out at $16500, had never priced a new one, just figured they would be more expensive than that. Still to tight to get a new one :) Will shop around some more though. Thanks

rocket if my memory serves me right our's ain't but 52hp.Is 5200 got the shuttle or is it a collar shift?

rattler

rattler":w6xlx4pr said:
rocket if my memory serves me right our's ain't but 52hp.Is 5200 got the shuttle or is it a collar shift?

rattler

Yeah, I thnk he was exagerating a little on the HP, after looking at the new ones, I figgered it more like a 45/50 HP. I didn't see a shuttle shift lever, but I didn't look at the tractor for very long as it was parked right on the side of a 4 lane highway with not much of a shoulder. I was in my truck with the trailer behind, so when I pulled over I was pretty much parked in the road. Had a quick look, got the phone number and took off. Called the guy when I got home, he did tell me it was a non synchronize trans.

KenB":vs6255z6 said:
rmcva":vs6255z6 said:
Got this from Tractor specs.

http://www.tiscoparts.com/specs.aspx

Well the link doesn't show what I had loaded in. So select a make and then the model.

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.
Here's another that I use also.
http://www.tractordata.com/ Look to the left side of the page and pick the brand and go from there.

I work off farm too and talk to guys that buy tractors and have no idea what they bought. A few have told me the HP of what they bought and when I look them up some are off 10-20 hp.

rocket2222":2wozxurh said:
rattler":2wozxurh said:

rattler

Yeah, I thnk he was exagerating a little on the HP, after looking at the new ones, I figgered it more like a 45/50 HP. I didn't see a shuttle shift lever, but I didn't look at the tractor for very long as it was parked right on the side of a 4 lane highway with not much of a shoulder. I was in my truck with the trailer behind, so when I pulled over I was pretty much parked in the road. Had a quick look, got the phone number and took off. Called the guy when I got home, he did tell me it was a non synchronize trans.

rocket it's a collar shift the lst time i checked they were about $1000 cheaper but that has been some time ago.Try looking at http://www.tractorhouse.com good luck

rattler

Latest posts