John Deere

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Looking at a 1993 John Deere 5200 tractor; 60 hp?. 1900 hours; paint is faded pretty good so it sat outside a lot; has fairly new tires on the front; about half wore out tires on the back; John Deere front-end loader and factory hay spike. Any big problems with these tractors? Guy said I could get it for $14,000.00. Is it a good deal?

Mongoose

Reaction score
No its not a good deal. You can buy a brand new one for that price. About that size start at $13,999.

Right here is a brand new 5203 Tractor. Check it out Click Here

I would say $10,000 would be a fair price for the tractor you described. Especially if it sat outside alot, maybe even lower.

rattler

Reaction score
Mongoose is right it do sound pricey.We got a 5210 99 model that has 1500 hours on it the only trouble we have had is the clutch rod.

rattler

OP
R

rocket2222

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, don't think he would drop that low, he started out at $16500, had never priced a new one, just figured they would be more expensive than that. Still to tight to get a new one :) Will shop around some more though. Thanks

rattler

Reaction score
rocket if my memory serves me right our's ain't but 52hp.Is 5200 got the shuttle or is it a collar shift?

rattler

OP
R

rocket2222

Reaction score
rattler":w6xlx4pr said:
rocket if my memory serves me right our's ain't but 52hp.Is 5200 got the shuttle or is it a collar shift?

rattler

Yeah, I thnk he was exagerating a little on the HP, after looking at the new ones, I figgered it more like a 45/50 HP. I didn't see a shuttle shift lever, but I didn't look at the tractor for very long as it was parked right on the side of a 4 lane highway with not much of a shoulder. I was in my truck with the trailer behind, so when I pulled over I was pretty much parked in the road. Had a quick look, got the phone number and took off. Called the guy when I got home, he did tell me it was a non synchronize trans.

rmcva

Reaction score
KenB":vs6255z6 said:
rmcva":vs6255z6 said:
Got this from Tractor specs.

http://www.tiscoparts.com/specs.aspx

Well the link doesn't show what I had loaded in. So select a make and then the model.

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.
Here's another that I use also.
http://www.tractordata.com/ Look to the left side of the page and pick the brand and go from there.

I work off farm too and talk to guys that buy tractors and have no idea what they bought. A few have told me the HP of what they bought and when I look them up some are off 10-20 hp.

rattler

Reaction score
rocket2222":2wozxurh said:
rattler":2wozxurh said:

rattler

Yeah, I thnk he was exagerating a little on the HP, after looking at the new ones, I figgered it more like a 45/50 HP. I didn't see a shuttle shift lever, but I didn't look at the tractor for very long as it was parked right on the side of a 4 lane highway with not much of a shoulder. I was in my truck with the trailer behind, so when I pulled over I was pretty much parked in the road. Had a quick look, got the phone number and took off. Called the guy when I got home, he did tell me it was a non synchronize trans.

rocket it's a collar shift the lst time i checked they were about $1000 cheaper but that has been some time ago.Try looking at http://www.tractorhouse.com good luck

rattler

Latest posts