John Deere

Help Support CattleToday:

We have a great Kubota dealership in town. They do a lot of business, locally owned and the family is well thought of. You see a lot of Kubota tractors around here. Their sales lot is full.
Used and new both and other farming implements.

People that have Kubota's seem to like them. We have never had one.

Friend has a new IHC or maybe a Challenger that he says he can't operate. The grandkids have to help him there is so much technology to it.

We have a JD FWD 125 hp that Mr. FH loves. 7520 I think. Bought it new in 2005. Just had to have the dash taken out because of a loose connection which cost $3200 to repair. Basically that's all we have had done to that tractor.

I have a McCormick 35hp 😅 that does a lot of the smaller things. Mr FH scoffed at it, but he likes it and uses it. He just built a grapple fork for it out of basically nothing. Got the hydraulic he needed off a neighbors old baler. He's pretty inventive and it keeps him out of trouble. 😁
He built a overhead topper for it too because it has no cab, of course. Gee, the tractors we used for a long time had no cab. I remember getting a canvas 'thing' that kept the warmth from the engine blowing on you to help keep the operator warm. It had a windshield as well, I believe. We were grateful to have it.

We have an old 300 International but it's so rough riding that we use the other tractors. This was his dad's so we have kept it up. Mr FH repainted it a few years ago.

We have an old 1949 dump truck. That's another story in itself. We bought it in SW Montana, took it to SE Montana when we moved there and now we are in WY we brought it with us. It's one piece of machinery that doesn't owe us a thing. 😄

Been looking at new skid steer
Not only can you tell where it is you can shut it down with your phone. For something left on a job I like it
If jd wants to use it on people who don't pay their bills
Good for them.
As I am sure you know most all the big manufacturers have this available now not just Deere. My new Cat SS has all the remote stuff as well as monitoring etc. if you sign up for it. On one hand it is a bite but it is nice to make a free phone call and get a diagnosis and tech support vs. paying shop time etc. for them to plug it in. I agree if you aren't paying for the machine they have every right to shut it down/ come get it.

You buying another Deere or are you going to finally buy a good one from CAT? LOL!

As I am sure you know most all the big manufacturers have this available now not just Deere. My new Cat SS has all the remote stuff as well as monitoring etc. if you sign up for it. On one hand it is a bite but it is nice to make a free phone call and get a diagnosis and tech support vs. paying shop time etc. for them to plug it in. I agree if you aren't paying for the machine they have every right to shut it down/ come get it.

You buying another Deere or are you going to finally buy a good one from CAT? LOL
I've never had a cat or Kubota but I've run a few. Had about everything else and it really doesn't seem to matter much.
It'll be a Deere because we've got a good relationship with the dealership. I can often get a tech out same day. Especially on the construction stuff. I promised myself a 333 last year and bought a baler so held off. Regret that. I've got to add a machine. I'm not trading anything so Probably gonna split the difference at get 324.
Or maybe the big one... 😎 Lol

True.
But my point was both Ukraine and Russia have John Deere dealerships.
Simme was implying only Russian tractors were available in Russia.
We're in a global economy with technology available globally.
It's amazing to me the high % of 3rd world country citizens who have cell phones.
I was curious and did some research. Looks like there are 13 JD dealership locations in Russia that sell JD ag equipment. A couple more that are parts and service only. But all appear to be "owned" by only two companies - based on company name in the websites. All located in southern Russia and mostly in the east.
One JD manufacturing facility in Russia for tillage and seeding equipment. Shipments from other JD factories to Russia have been suspended. Limited equipment in stock appears to be construction and forestry equipment per google translate of the russian websites.

The engineering company I worked for did some work for a large pulp and paper company in Russia a few years back. That company produces 75% of the market pulp in Russia. One mill located in Bratsk with a population of about 250,000. Just a few flights per week in a very old run down airport. Not much to offer in hotels and food. Other mill located several hours away in a remote location. Population of that city is 86,000. Things much worse in that city. Nothing there made a favorable impression on those who visited. We are blessed in this country.

I've never had a cat or Kubota but I've run a few. Had about everything else and it really doesn't seem to matter much.
It'll be a Deere because we've got a good relationship with the dealership. I can often get a tech out same day. Especially on the construction stuff. I promised myself a 333 last year and bought a baler so held off. Regret that. I've got to add a machine. I'm not trading anything so Probably gonna split the difference at get 324.
I understand that. Service is why I will only buy CAT and Deere equipment from now on. If I owned one other than a CAT the Deere would be my second choice. It's only money and you can't take it with you, buy the 333. You won't be sorry it is a hoss of a machine. Truly fascinating what those machines are capable of.

Someone that doesn't want to spend a fortune on a name brand that's made in China and India perhaps?

CAT wants $300 for a simple door striker, the undercarriage in their new excavators is total garbage, local outfit here bought a new 325? And at 3500 hours it's getting it's SECOND full new undercarriage, rails, rollers and pads

Good dealer support really is the #1 criteria for purchasing new equipment these days.. if (when) it breaks down, are they going to fix it, and would they give you a loaner if they can't?

Someone that doesn't want to spend a fortune on a name brand that's made in China and India perhaps?

CAT wants $300 for a simple door striker, the undercarriage in their new excavators is total garbage, local outfit here bought a new 325? And at 3500 hours it's getting it's SECOND full new undercarriage, rails, rollers and pads
These big billionaires are missing a money making opportunity. Electric cars??? Elon Musk should be making tractors that can be worked on in the field by the buyer. You'd put Deere and Cat out of business. I mean... just how much technology is really necessary in something to pull farm implements and have a bucket/hay fork?

What problems do folks see (after 1,000 hours) with DEF tractors?
Off the top of my head I've had the heat coil in the DEF tank fail, I've had the DEF overheat because of a failed coolant control valve failed open, there's more but I can't remember all the details right now.

These big billionaires are missing a money making opportunity. Electric cars??? Elon Musk should be making tractors that can be worked on in the field by the buyer. You'd put Deere and Cat out of business. I mean... just how much technology is really necessary in something to pull farm implements and have a bucket/hay fork?
True, I don't understand why we're not seeing electrification is low power to weight ration applications. Seems like a good fit.

You are really ate up with the indoctrination . Who do you think has regulated all our industry to death.
You should get a team of mules and show us.

A bit off subject, but, I've offen wondered why someone has not sent a really good old tractor, 50+ years old, like say a JD 4020, sent it to manufacturer in Asia, tells them to make me a thousand identical to this one, only paint it pink. Copying our stuff has never been a problem for them before, unless they copy & have it on the market before we do. Then the politicians would raise a little verbal hell, for the 6 o'clock news.

A bit off subject, but, I've offen wondered why someone has not sent a really good old tractor, 50+ years old, like say a JD 4020, sent it to manufacturer in Asia, tells them to make me a thousand identical to this one, only paint it pink. Copying our stuff has never been a problem for them before, unless they copy & have it on the market before we do. Then the politicians would raise a little verbal hell, for the 6 o'clock news.
They would have to put a tier 4 engine in it.
Those pesky regulation again that 3/4 of the world laughs at.

True, I don't understand why we're not seeing electrification is low power to weight ration applications. Seems like a good fit.

Because they can't build one that'll run continuously for 10+ hours like a lot of farmers need them to.

Bobcat has an electric skid loader, but it'll only run for 4 hours at a time.

Latest posts