John Deere vs. New Holland (round 1)

Help Support CattleToday:

DiamondSCattleCo":1d08h4fn said:
flaboy?":1d08h4fn said:
It just had to argue with reliability of that Perkins engine.

Bah, that Perkins was reliable as heck. You just couldn't eat an ice cream cone around it, as it would then need ether to fire up.

Rod
How true. :roll:

I got a price for a TN75 FWD with Factory loader and two rear remotes, shuttle shift, and no cab for $30200. I priced a JD 5425 with loader, 2 rear remotes, shuttle, and no cab and it was $35500. The Horsepower is close on both of these, but the JD is a little stronger. There isn't a massey dealer within a hundred miles of here. I will be using it to bale hay, some disc work and ROW mowing.

DustyH":1es5siuq said:
I got a price for a TN75 FWD with Factory loader and two rear remotes, shuttle shift, and no cab for $30200. I priced a JD 5425 with loader, 2 rear remotes, shuttle, and no cab and it was $35500. The Horsepower is close on both of these, but the JD is a little stronger. There isn't a massey dealer within a hundred miles of here. I will be using it to bale hay, some disc work and ROW mowing.

That sounds like a good price on both. Either one should get the job done for you.

fitz

BrianL":3g95lid8 said:
DiamondSCattleCo":3g95lid8 said:
Bah, that Perkins was reliable as heck. You just couldn't eat an ice cream cone around it, as it would then need ether to fire up.

Rod
How true. :roll:

<chuckle> To be fair to that poor old Perkins, there were a few things you could do to make them fire up, nearly as good as the others. The biggest problem with them was cranking speed so:

1) High amp batteries. Lots of current. Put two thousand amp batteries in it.

2) There was a change up starter. Get the newer one. It spins over quite a bit quicker.

3) On the 1100/1130s, use the hydraulic defeat switch. On 1105s/1135s make sure the automatic hydraulic defeat is working.

Rod

DustyH":f6cx3swo said:

Dusty,I have a TN75 with the options you described,its been a very good tractor,lots of hours and not one problem yet,I dont use it for a baling tractor,seems a little small for heavy round baling,probally ideal for squares tho............good luck

Haymaker, when you say small for round baling do you mean small as in tractor size and weight or PTO HP or both?

DustyH":3j0l4upy said:
Haymaker, when you say small for round baling do you mean small as in tractor size and weight or PTO HP or both?

I guess that would depend on the baler/size of bales,how much baling you were going to do.
Dont get me wrong,that TN 75 will round bale,I just dont think it would be my choice for what I do,there are several balers that TN75 can handle very well.
I dont like to round bale with an open station tractor,and if you have ever sat on one 10 or 12 hours you know what I mean...............good luck

DustyH":18ejcy10 said:

Don't know what city you are in but here the list of Massey dealers in your state.
Alexandria
Hourma
Lake Charles
Many
Parks
Plaquemine
St. Francisville
West Monroe

I am from West Monroe, but the dealership here went out of business as far as I know. The rest of them are a long ways off.

DustyH":3vpxhcxr said:
I am from West Monroe, but the dealership here went out of business as far as I know. The rest of them are a long ways off.

OK, just thought I would look for ya. The agco web site still shows it in Monroe.

Brute 23":14vbihls said:
I will never buy another tractor with out a cab.

1) Safer
2) More Productive
3) Cleaner

I usually get a new cab every year. The old one always seems to get caught up in the baler or brushogged somehow. New one costs $5.95 at the Co-op. Mines made of straw, its hard to justify a metal one on 100 acre farm.

The Bachelor":e78p31nx said:
Brute 23":e78p31nx said:
I will never buy another tractor with out a cab.

1) Safer
2) More Productive
3) Cleaner

I usually get a new cab every year. The old one always seems to get caught up in the baler or brushogged somehow. New one costs $5.95 at the Co-op. Mines made of straw, its hard to justify a metal one on 100 acre farm.

Understandable...BUT I can always find a way to justify AC. :lol:

I picked up a new cab for mine at Wally World. It's a golf umbrella. Was going to get A/C too but figured the 12VDC fan would be blowing hot air on me anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with the TD95 new hollands? They are a bit heavier than the TN line and 95 horses should get the round baling done, wouldn't it? Plus they are cheaper than the TN's.

flaboy?":2ijxkjas said:
I picked up a new cab for mine at Wally World. It's a golf umbrella. Was going to get A/C too but figured the 12VDC fan would be blowing hot air on me anyway.

You use your tractor as a "Golf Cart"? Didn't know you were a golfer. Why don't we hit a few balls sometimes? :lol:

flaboy?":3fhz1t1a said:
Ut oh. Me thinks you opened the door for those Tenn guys.....

They don't really know what golf is..................

Crowder calls it "Pasture Pool". :lol:

MikeC":1w4ng4iq said:
flaboy?":1w4ng4iq said:
Ut oh. Me thinks you opened the door for those Tenn guys.....

They don't really know what golf is..................

Crowder calls it "Pasture Pool". :lol:

What you mean? I hear them talking about the Golf of Mexico all the time. :lol: