John Deere pricing?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have been pricing new tractors in 60hp range and JD's are way moe expensive than New Holland and Kubota. Are the Deere's really that much better?

I have a smaller 23hp JD 2210 tractor, with front bucket, 4' brush mower and post hole auger. I looked at Kubota and another brand (which slips my mind at the moment). I found the John Deere to be smoother and easier to run and the instruments and gauges to be 'blonde proof'. Yes, it was more expensive. But I also looked at the reputation and service availability. I've never regretted paying the extra $$ for my tractor.

Your are buying green and yellow paint as they are foreign made also. Deere is made in France, Massey Poland and Turkey, New Holland England and India so on and so on.

we pretty much only buy JD. we have 3 JD tractors, a JD baler & just bought a new JD twin rake (& dad has a JD lawnmower). the nearest dealer is 15 miles away so it's convenient for any parts or labor. sure, they cost a little more, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

just a little added note......a friend of ours is an engineer for Case & just bought a JD tractor & baler.

I like green paint except for combines and bush hogs.

i forgot....our disc mowers aren't green. our latest is a Fella.

I have seen the new holland at work and the used the Kabota's, I have a john deer and love it. They just have little extra features the others do not.

I think that the JD is like a nice car, reliable,with the little extras that wish you had. You could buy cheep but that is what you get and when the times comes to sale it, you will have whished you purchased a JD because if you had, you would not be selling it.

I would like to appologize in advance to all JD lovers out there...

Here in SW missouri you could paint a turd JD green and it would bring a thousand more than it's worth.
No, they are not worth the money differance.
When you buy a Deere you are not through paying through the nose.
Every time you walk to the parts counter you might as well turn around and grab your ankles.
Look at Ford, they are still high but they back there equiptment and parts are a little more reasonable.

Hillbilly

We have a John Deere and it works well for us. The big thing when we bought it was getting the dealerships to take us seriously, they wanted to sell $100,000 combines not $15,000 tractors. We told them what we wanted to do with it. What attachments we wanted with it and that we needed it financed. Only 2 of the 6 even called us back after our visit to say they had found something for us to look at. So had we bought a different brand I'm not sure we could have even gotten good after sale service from the others.

goatlady said:
We have a John Deere and it works well for us. The big thing when we bought it was getting the dealerships to take us seriously, they wanted to sell $100,000 combines not $15,000 tractors. We told them what we wanted to do with it. What attachments we wanted with it and that we needed it financed. Only 2 of the 6 even called us back after our visit to say they had found something for us to look at. So had we bought a different brand I'm not sure we could have even gotten good after sale service from the others

Really depends on your dealer,as to your service.....One thing about John Deere it will hold its value.

When I was growing up all Dad would have was a Ford. They are great tractors (6600, 6610, 7700 ect.). I run two Deeres just because they are the only dealer within 100 miles of me. I have been farming for years with two old 4020s that never miss a beat. If you do decide to trade up you can't beat the resale on even an old Deere.

Yes their tractors are that much better. In combines we like Cat/Lexion, in swathers we like macdon, and everything else is green. We have 11 JD tractors and love them all. The only better tractor made was big bud (go to bigbud.com).

Latest posts