John Deere B Wrap

Help Support CattleToday:

A lot of people in my area are baling with wrap these days. From what I understand they love it until feeding time... creates a lot of waste material to dispose of. As far as protecting your hay, it is hard to beat.

Hopefully someone will answer you that is using it... we are thinking of upgrading one of our NH Balers to JD with wrap this year.

Last weekend I helped a friend feed wrapped baleage... it does create a large volume of waste... About 4 bales to a 5 gallon pail... I fed my cows all winter (~1000 small squares) and have about an ordinary garbage can full..

Nesikep":2dlu0hw0 said:
Last weekend I helped a friend feed wrapped baleage... it does create a large volume of waste... About 4 bales to a 5 gallon pail... I fed my cows all winter (~1000 small squares) and have about an ordinary garbage can full..
Can't store your small squares outside though can you?

TN Cattle Man":1gi6rsrh said:
A lot of people in my area are baling with wrap these days. From what I understand they love it until feeding time... creates a lot of waste material to dispose of. As far as protecting your hay, it is hard to beat.

Hopefully someone will answer you that is using it... we are thinking of upgrading one of our NH Balers to JD with wrap this year.
Wrap is zero big deal. Even is we were storing inside we would never go back to twine or string. Takes way to long bailing. Summertime we have to make hay while the sun shines, not setting waiting on a bale to tie. Winter time I can get wrap off faster than string twine.

M-5":3hdfh2ol said:
M-5":3hdfh2ol said:
skyhightree1":3hdfh2ol said:
I would love to have that the numbers for the change over don't work for my budget.
What does it cost
Anybody

Well I would need a whole new baler the balers they refer to are between 30k-40k. I looked at those series balers before. I am not sure what the B wrap portion would cost but minimal im sure after you buy the baler.

M-5":1fsw6ckg said:
It's just money, and the size of your farm it would pay for it self in no time in hay savings.

:lol: I am a hobby cattle farmer remember I don't feed chicken poo and I use shots and creep feed I would never be able to pay for something like that. :)

Just to wrap a bale it cost $4.50 right off the bat. And I can't see me buying a JD baler, our local dealers stink. But I'm fixing on going baler shopping so who knows what's going to happen.

I believe the conversion kit is around 4-5 hundred dollars. You can switch back between regular net and B net but it takes a few minutes, not the flip of a switch.
The B Net is pre cut in the roll. You would put the same amount of B Net on a 4x4 as you would a 4x6. The one person I have talked to who actually used it said it cost $5 per bale. He was impressed at first but got tired of changing to a new roll of B wrap so soon. It does not wrap as many rolls as regular net. He said he was going back to regular Tama net.

That's what I thought, 5-8k I believe, depending on brand. Making it a pricey undertaking and from what I've heard they always seem more finicky than if it had originally came with it from the factory.

Latest posts