John Deere 510 round baler

Help Support CattleToday:

OhioFarmer87

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm looking at purchasing a round baler soon and I have been looking at some john deere 510s. They are priced low and I don't have a big budget for one but am worried maybe they are all priced low for a reason. So I didn't know if anyone here had ever had or used one in the past and how they did. Any info helps! Thanks

If at all possible, go with a JD 530/535 at least. The 510 like said was ok, but the later models feed so much better. Our neighbor had a 510 and if the hay was perfect it worked but if a lil tough it was a handful. He ends up calling us to bale for him more then he gets his 510 to work. The 535 was/is a good machine if you can find one and its in your budget.
Jenna

Friend of mine had one. It looked good but wouldn't roll a roll of hay worth a crap. He put new belts on it a replaced a lot of bearings and it still was junk! I would stay away. Just my opinion

The 410/510s are closed throat and clog up easily. Try to find a 430/530 or 435/535 in good shape, there are a few of them out there.

Angus Cowman":2ggj4jrh said:
they were decent balers in their time but their time is passed and most of them CAN be a money pit as most are wore out
but there may still be a few decent ones out there
What kind of budget do you have if you don't mind me asking

I wanted to stay around $2,500. But I want to do it right also. So I will check into the 530/535 and try and find a good one of those. I don't want to regret buying a super cheap baler and not being able to use it at all. Thanks for all the info!!

I have a 535 and really like it but I wish I would have gotten a 435 instead. 5 foot wide bales are a real pain in the butt if you have to haul them on a public road. Around here I seem to see more 435s then about anything else. Price is usually pretty reasonable too

the 410/510 balers will bale hay....you just can't put it up against a newer baler. You can't rush it and the hay needs to be right to bale.

Latest posts