john deere 4040

Help Support CattleToday:

EAT BEEF":3mki80ro said:
Angus Cowman":3mki80ro said:
not a bad old tractor, but they like fuel

Hey! thats a pretty new tractor to me,but they are a little thirsty.
me too my current one is 37 years old, but im needin' a little more mucsle for my 23 year old baler, :p a new ones outa the question

Yea my 4020 is 39 this year,and I don't have a tractor thats under 35.I sold my 4240 a couple years ago since a guy offered me $5,000 over what I had in it,but it's about time to get another tractor with air.

Grew up on one. We got it new 1980 (I think) with a set of 4 bottom plows. The hydraulic pump went bad once back in 93 and was rebuilt somewhere around 7000 hours. Its been a great tractor. It must have well over 10k hours on it now.

alacattleman":1b3ww87g said:
EAT BEEF":1b3ww87g said:
Angus Cowman":1b3ww87g said:
not a bad old tractor, but they like fuel

Hey! thats a pretty new tractor to me,but they are a little thirsty.
me too my current one is 37 years old, but im needin' a little more mucsle for my 23 year old baler, :p a new ones outa the question
A 4040 has 90 HP so depending on your baler should work alright. I prefer a bit more HP for baling but I have some big hills to climb. We used a 4840 for baling for many many years. It was a powershift. I really liked the powershift over a quad range.

Yep, that's one thing that I forgot to mention about ours. That quad range will jump out of gear on you if you arent careful.

Latest posts