John and Kate plus eight minus one equals... who cares?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Why is this news??? Let me see, you take an overbearing wife, a weak man who didn't want more kids to start with, six more kids, and overbearing wife, some money, (75k an episode), total strangers with cameras wandering the house seeing everything, add tabloids, more cameras... Kids that aren't seen as individuals but as a unit... What you get, one hopes, is a warning to people who think that having kids in litters is an acceptable thing to do.

What I am wondering is how they are going to pay for their lifestyle after we the public have grown tired of watching this very private, very public train wreck. Which will, I am sure, be after this season finishes filming.

I hope they are saving some of that money. Those kids deserve better than what they got. Money can't fix everything, especially, it would seem, this marriage.

Never watched the trash but have seen a few advertisements for it. I think its criminal what they are doing to these children. It can't be good for them and anyone who advertises on the show should be boycotted. JMO

I never watched it, either. Maybe snippets of it while I was surfing. I've pretty much learned about it over the past few weeks from tabloid covers and all the press they have been getting. It's sad. And there was a whole show devoted to the divorce announcement last night. Didn't watch that either.

It was all planned by the woman the entire time. I don't know how much assets or cash is involved so they are ficticious...

The male makes 1/2 $1M
The female makes 1/2 $1M

The male makes $80K per year
The female is a homemaker after being an RN and becomes pregnant a couple of times

Judge will decide...wife gets house, half of all assets, and male pays alimony and child support for 8 children.

Two years later after divorce. Male has no home because paying most of salary each month and goes directly to jail or commits suicide.

In my opinion, and I saw this coming the entire time, is the woman in this case, has been and will take this poor unintelligent inexperienced man to the cleaners. I seen it my entire life and I am seeing it one more time again.

She is working the system just like Octomom.

Lammie":1y040l6c said:
I never watched it, either. Maybe snippets of it while I was surfing. I've pretty much learned about it over the past few weeks from tabloid covers and all the press they have been getting. It's sad. And there was a whole show devoted to the divorce announcement last night. Didn't watch that either.

Spending a lot of time in checkout at the grocery? :D

john250":1pub468f said:
Lammie":1pub468f said:

Spending a lot of time in checkout at the grocery? :D

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.

Lammie":2vmcao1b said:
What I am wondering is how they are going to pay for their lifestyle after we the public have grown tired of watching this very private, very public train wreck. Which will, I am sure, be after this season finishes filming.

I was wondering the same thing as well. And this is there last season filming. It's been all over TLC. Another thing... Kate was accused of "beating" her child. [she really just spanked her] But on the front of In Touch i believe they were saying she beat her kid. really Maddi was asked to be quiet while kate was on the phone she kept blowing her very loud whistle and got a spankin. I don't know about the rest of you but that was NOT a beating. Beating leaves bruises not a little red mark. I was spanked when i was little and i came out fine. media :roll:

Reality or not, there are bunches of people that have "litters" of kids. E.g., the "Duggars" (18+ rug rats??) give me a break. Oh...I forgot...the welfare moms that keep producing tax exemptions and a larger welfare check...

Reality: Probably 50% of married couples end in divorce. Multiply # of kids X going rate of child support in one's State...yu know the rest of the story...lol.

Unless one is trying to start their own ball team, or raise some farm hands, or create an employee pool for their business, it never ceases to amaze me why people want more than one or two kids in the first place... Maybe it is to carry on the family name? (assuming the lineage is worth continuing). Or, prove one's masculinity or feminity? Form ones own cult? Get on TV? Enjoy the "pain" of childbirth? Enjoy dealing with an on-going seige of dirty diapers, rampaging toddlers, hormone stressed teenagers? Or whatever. Or, the fertility drugs and procedures that produce more than ONE embryo ("pick one"...).

A long time ago, parents probably needed to have a bunch of kids...disease, injury, and minimal medical care usually culled the weakest ones and only the strongest and best survived....

:banana:

I never heard of Jon and Kate before this morning. It was all over the morning show that was playing during breakfast. Once in a while they'd cut in on the Jon and Kate breakup story to report on things like Ed McMahon's death or the Metro train crash in D.C. When I first saw her, I thought Kate was Posh Spice. I was thinking to myself "why is Posh Spice doing a show with this gay caballero known as Jon". Kinda weird if you ask me. I can see why she's wanting a divorce.

ga. prime":2n1k7i5f said:
I never heard of Jon and Kate before this morning. It was all over the morning show that was playing during breakfast. Once in a while they'd cut in on the Jon and Kate breakup story to report on things like Ed McMahon's death or the Metro train crash in D.C. When I first saw her, I thought Kate was Posh Spice. I was thinking to myself "why is Posh Spice doing a show with this gay caballero known as Jon". Kinda weird if you ask me. I can see why she's wanting a divorce.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Running Arrow Bill":16kseknq said:
Reality or not, there are bunches of people that have "litters" of kids. E.g., the "Duggars" (18+ rug rats??) give me a break. Oh...I forgot...the welfare moms that keep producing tax exemptions and a larger welfare check...

Reality: Probably 50% of married couples end in divorce. Multiply # of kids X going rate of child support in one's State...yu know the rest of the story...lol.

Unless one is trying to start their own ball team, or raise some farm hands, or create an employee pool for their business, it never ceases to amaze me why people want more than one or two kids in the first place... Maybe it is to carry on the family name? (assuming the lineage is worth continuing). Or, prove one's masculinity or feminity? Form ones own cult? Get on TV? Enjoy the "pain" of childbirth? Enjoy dealing with an on-going seige of dirty diapers, rampaging toddlers, hormone stressed teenagers? Or whatever. Or, the fertility drugs and procedures that produce more than ONE embryo ("pick one"...).

A long time ago, parents probably needed to have a bunch of kids...disease, injury, and minimal medical care usually culled the weakest ones and only the strongest and best survived....

Years ago I offered a job to a gal that was single with kids. She declined the job because the state was giving her more than the offer itself. It never dawned on her that the job would have offered additional skills that she could use for the rest of her life.

It is insane.. I can't understand why anyone wants to watch people on TV that can multiply like rabbits. With the state of the economy, over crowding, global warming, etc., etc., WHY does anyone need to have that many kids? Where do they think they're going to all live in another 50 years?

I feel so bad for those poor kids-having to grow up in the public eye without having any say in it. I've only seen the show a couple times but Kate's hair bugs me...it looks like a porcupine crawled on her head and died.

LoveMoo11":3clzxj3d said:
I feel so bad for those poor kids-having to grow up in the public eye without having any say in it. I've only seen the show a couple times but Kate's hair bugs me...it looks like a porcupine crawled on her head and died.

I see that style all the time and I've wondered how you get it to stick up in the back like that. I let mine go all curly. Just stopped trying to straighten it altogehter, and it looks better than it did when I put half an hour into it every day. I call it "clown hair".

Running Arrow Bill":22qbgfy0 said:

I am going to guess that you didnt have many siblings. But, I do. And I think that you are wrong. No, I dont agree with the show, but I feel for the poor babies. My parents have been happily married, for better and for worse, for 20+ years. I have 6 siblings and my parents didnt try to "prove one's masculinity or feminity? Form ones own cult?" . And litters? Please grow up. We are talking about human children!Which, btw, you were at somepoint in time! Not rabbits!
Also, "Enjoy the "pain" of childbirth? Enjoy dealing with an on-going seige of dirty diapers, rampaging toddlers, hormone stressed teenagers? Or whatever."
Hello genius.. Your momma went through ALL of that for you! She carried YOU for 9 months. Went through the "pain" of childbirth.. for YOU!

" it never ceases to amaze me why people want more than one or two kids in the first place... Maybe it is to carry on the family name? (assuming the lineage is worth continuing)."

Why? There are good christian people in this world that have large families. The media does not want these people to be heard. So, they(media) makes all large families look bad. Or make the children look like "mistakes". The fix for these mistakes is murder. Some like to call it abortion.
And what do you consider bad lineage? The parents that work 2 jobs to feed their kids? The moms and dads that, bc of the economy, cant put a roof over their family? The single mom with a baby, the result of a raping? :???:

Oh and guess what? Whenever my sibs and I want to play a game we dont have to go anywhere or call anyone! WE have a baseball team! or whatever game we want to play!!

But, the parents then considered children a blessing from God. Not the curse you think they are.
You make children sound like they are a worthless animal. Something that isnt woth having!
Apparently your momma thought you were worth having.. Think about that.

Latest posts