Job offers

Help Support CattleToday:

I know we all like to talk about lack of work ethic from many people, but I was pleasantly surprised at Wal-mart yesterday. They had a big display of 24-packs of canned Dr Pepper just inside the entrance. I grabbed one, but evidently didn't grab it well enough. I dropped it, and somehow the box tore on each end. Luckily none of the cans ruptured. I dropped the torn box in my cart and started picking up the cans, intending to just throw the loose cans in my cart and buy the case that way, since it was my fault that I had dropped it.

Before I had picked up more than one or two cans I was surrounded by three young workers who has seen what happened. They started picking up the cans, and they all insisted I should get a new case instead of taking the loose cans. I couldn't have asked for better service, and I'd be surprised if any of them were over 20 years old.
Despite it being a popular talking point since the beginning of time, I'm skeptical that there's ever been any substance to complaints about "kids these days".

iu

They cross their legs?????
OH NO!!!
What brought [us] to this loowly state? *
The demise of civilization as we knew it..........

*bonus points if you recognize where that line came from....

Well you can drive to the end of the pavement and ride with me afterwards. A member from GA came up a couple years ago and done that with his Ford. After 2 days he said he would never buy a truck from a bear hunter. Haha
I didn't go yesterday but they treed 1 small bear and the dogs ran 1 female with 2 cubs and another female with 1 cub. As usual it took a while to catch the dogs off of them.

Anybody I take with me says you guys should test trucks for these companies. We are hard on them, when i am looking for a hunting truck dents and scratches dont bother me I know whats coming! Good tires and dont give a damn are what gets you there!

Had another call with a part time job offer tonight. Pushing snow with a cab tractor at the intersections and turn lanes on the 4 lane highway passing my house. 12 hour shifts @$25 an hour. I accepted it.
Problem is that we rarely get any snow. Oh well it will be a little extra fishing money.

I'm thinking you can turn this into an opportunity.

The percentage of female truck drivers has soared in recent years. They have sleepers too.

Instead of being a Lot Lizard, you should fancy yourself as a Lot Dragon in your final years. You'll never be bored, always have company, and enjoy it all again the next day (which starts early, after you chew her arm off).

My wife and I are both retired, and the last thing on earth I want is a job! So I'm taking my farm back and plan to triple my cow numbers -- because farmin' is no more work than breathin'! Oh, and I preach a little. Going to a job is the penalty folks pay for being young!

My wife and I are both retired, and the last thing on earth I want is a job! So I'm taking my farm back and plan to triple my cow numbers -- because farmin' is no more work than breathin'! Oh, and I preach a little. Going to a job is the penalty folks pay for being young!
Or as one old rancher told me, when he was trying to get his son to come home and take over a 500-cow operation, "A fella gets tired of workin' out."

I am retired too. So on Monday I call B about adding protein to the diet to some little calves out here in the corral. He asks if I am doing anything the next day? Can I haul some calves home from the other side of Baker. Yep, no problem. At 7:00 this morning he calls. Are you going to the sale today? Are you taking your trailer? Can you haul a cow to town? Apparently this cow is a bit waspy. Too much so for a couple of the neighbors. He tells me not to get in the alley with her. No problem. I can back in and his 23 year old son will load her horse back.
This retirement is a great gig.

Well today is my last day on the job. Kinda feels odd to think about not doing a full time job after all these years.
Good thing is I can get up tomorrow morning and go bear hunting and not care what is happening at work. I might like it after all.
Congrats, Old Man!

I've yet to hear anyone complain about retirement!

Well today is my last day on the job. Kinda feels odd to think about not doing a full time job after all these years.
Good thing is I can get up tomorrow morning and go bear hunting and not care what is happening at work. I might like it after all.
A lot less stress. Heading up that road daily to Big Stone could get old.

Good luck on the bear hunt, sounds like fun. Are dogs allowed?

Only 2 days left get it while the gettings good! Congratulations on retirement, i imagine you will find some way to pass the time!

Latest posts