Jltrent

Help Support CattleToday:

A little TLC, good washing, and it will look a lot better. Does it have compression and fire? Also any noticeable cracks. If fire and compression is good I would take the carb off and clean possibly rebuild and maybe do a pressure/vacuum test. If all the above checks out it will run again.

Here is one I sold recently just about like it that didn't look great when I got it, but after a little work come out pretty good. (To me those old Homelites are hard to work on and go cheap)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292726552037?s ... 1561.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

There is still some people that like those old Homelites, but not many. The blue colored ones for some reason are wanted more.

jltrent":3bkzmtbs said:
There is still some people that like those old Homelites, but not many. The blue colored ones for some reason are wanted more.

I have one blue one somewhere it was my great grandpa's it's heavy.. yeah that red one im sure will be a pain na I haven't tested anything

jltrent":wm76qz3o said:
They are backbreakers,

skyhightree1":1xsa4ypz said:
I wonder if I can make this work again

If it was mine, unless you really want it fixed, I would put a "Buy it now" price of $40 and $20 shipping and sell on Ebay as a parts saw. It looks pretty much complete and if compression and fire are good it will sell. Parts are high and can easily get underwater on an ole saw like that repairing.

snoopdog":3p1yf3wa said:
jltrent":3p1yf3wa said:
They are backbreakers,

Using older saws from the past, that was back in the day when men were men not wuzzies. Those old saws can be pretty impressive, especially on the torque side as chain speed is not as good as saws today do to better porting/airflow.

I had a Remington Super 754 (88cc)I used some with manual oiler only. It weighed around 30 lbs. full of fluids. With a good sharp chain it didn't need much of a boost going through wood as the weight took it on through. Also it had zero AV as the vibration was hard on the hands/body and also talk about loud as it was from the factory almost straight piped. A couple people wanted it a whole lot worse than me as it went for almost $250.

IMG_2596.jpg

jltrent":1g1zt9lf said:
skyhightree1":1g1zt9lf said:
I wonder if I can make this work again

If it was mine, unless you really want it fixed, I would put a "Buy it now" price of $40 and $20 shipping and sell on Ebay as a parts saw. It looks pretty much complete and if compression and fire are good it will sell. Parts are high and can easily get underwater on an ole saw like that repairing.

Yeah I will keep it either way I like collecting saws

jltrent":2k0x3vai said:
snoopdog":2k0x3vai said:
jltrent":2k0x3vai said:
They are backbreakers,

Using older saws from the past, that was back in the day when men were men not wuzzies. Those old saws can be pretty impressive, especially on the torque side as chain speed is not as good as saws today do to better porting/airflow.

I had a Remington Super 754 (88cc)I used some with manual oiler only. It weighed around 30 lbs. full of fluids. With a good sharp chain it didn't need much of a boost going through wood as the weight took it on through. Also it had zero AV as the vibration was hard on the hands/body and also talk about loud as it was from the factory almost straight piped. A couple people wanted it a whole lot worse than me as it went for almost $250.

IMG_2596.jpg
No doubt they have the power, I used one of the blue ones for years, that's how I know they are backbreakers.

Latest posts