jesse james

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been meaning to see that movie. May be a good one for this weekend. There were some really great shots in that scene. Thanks

Jessie James is a relitive of mine his Great Grandfather William James who married Mary Hines, was my Mothers Great- Great Uncle. We found this out while doing our family research. Second person in the family to be shot in the Americas, we have found.

chrisy":2dc8wsfw said:
Jessie James is a relitive of mine his Great Grandfather William James who married Mary Hines, was my Mothers Great- Great Uncle. We found this out while doing our family research. Second person in the family to be shot in the Americas, we have found.

Well what do you expect Chrisy, Ya'll feriners come over here and rob trains and shoot people and sooner or later sombody is gonna shoot ya :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

The very first Jesse James movie was made in Pineville MO. In August Pineville has a Jese James Days, When I was younger they showed the movie on a white sheet in the park, Tyrone Powers played the part of Jesse James in the movie. There are also games & all sorts of arts & crafts, carnival rides. Just thought you might find that interesting. Dan

My home town is Granbury TX and there is a grave in the old cemetery that some believe holds the body of Jesse James. It was said he survived, or something and became a old tramp. My uncle, who is pushing 95 says that when he was a boy he was driving a buckboard through somewhere in Kansas and he paid a nickel to look at a man who claimed to be Jesse James. Kinda of a sideshow. He would show you all his gunshot wounds, and my uncle said he had about 15. Later, in the fifties in Granbury, there was a bum who died traveling through town and the county had to bury him. My uncle says he saw the body and it bore the same wounds. Just one story. Someone tried to dig him up several years ago but that old marker on his grave has been stoled, replaced and moved 100 times. Plus, he was in a pine box and not embalmed. They never found the grave. There are people who still swear that it's him in the cemetery. I don't believe it, personally. Several famous people have supposedly come through here. Billy the Kid, John Wilkes Booth...

It's a tourist trap.

Lammie":1q0plpqb said:
I have been meaning to see that movie. May be a good one for this weekend. There were some really great shots in that scene. Thanks
i thought it might just be another one of hollyweird attemps at another glorified shootem up... but this is great work.

chrisy":195cut29 said:
he and frank fought for the south :cowboy: ,,, after jesse was killed, frank stood trail in Huntsville for a robbery they commited in mucsle shoals

The opening to that movie is the most beautiful and well constructed introductions I have ever seen. Real minimalist opening. Nick Cave did a fantastic job on the soundtrack too. One of my favourite films ever. :heart:

3waycross":dew0urkb said:
chrisy":dew0urkb said:

Well what do you expect Chrisy, Ya'll feriners come over here and rob trains and shoot people and sooner or later sombody is gonna shoot ya :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:
First one was shot fighting in the Civil War, he was sent to America as a punishment for a few years, fought in the war got injured by a shot was sent back to England for recuperation and was hung for coming back to early, what a bummer ah!? serves him right though should have been a good boy or more clever in not getting caught. Family always side shifted conversation when the James brothers were mentioned, and we were always told not to play Wild West Games with them two in it, looking back now I know why not something to be proud of. Don't know why they are so looked up to, in films being made of them, as they were after all Bank and Train robbers.

its all part of american history good are bad, they aint so much as looked up too,, as they are part of it..remember when indians were hated ....? now folks love to find out they got a dab of native american blood in em

Two early movies about Jesse Woodson James starred his son, Jesse Edwards James playing the part of his father. These movies were : Under the Black Flag(1921), and Jesse James the Outlaw (1922). Jesse Edwards James, an attorney, aslo led an interesting life, died in Las Angeles, California, in 1951

Latest posts