Jenny

Help Support CattleToday:

View attachment 9733View attachment 9734Had some donkeys several years ago, and sold them after I got out of the sheep business. One was born here, and was fairly young at that time. Thought I recognized her on Craigslist a couple days ago. So sentimental nostalgia kicked in and went and got her today.
Couple of arses in the picture😀
Good for you that you went and got her :)

What characteristics or qualities did she have that made you recognize her in the ad?
Her color and size, and also the location she was in was close to the folks that bought her from me. Mine was from a standard Jenny and a mammoth jack, so she is little taller than most of the ones around here.

I doubt it.

I bet she does. Give her time you may see. I'm not sure about donkeys but they say horse have very good memories. They remember people, places, things, up to 10 years or longer. I'd guess donkey would too. Donkey can be very intelligent.

I bet she does. Give her time you may see. I'm not sure about donkeys but they say horse have very good memories. They remember people, places, things, up to 10 years or longer. I'd guess donkey would too. Donkey can be very intelligent.
It's been about 11 years. When I had donkeys before, I would give them treats fairly often, like sugar cubes, apples or carrots. Last night she when got her home, she was going after a little feed, but didn't seem to know anything about taking a piece of carrot. This morning after a couple attempts she slowly took one, and then got braver and by the end of the carrot she was working her lips reaching for it.

A shame she doesn't ride, she'd be just the right size to hunt off of. I don't currently own any equine but if I ever get back into it I want a 13.2-14 hand mule. I'm 5'7 and weigh 150, no need for large animal to haul me around, besides their harder to get on and off of.

It's been about 11 years. When I had donkeys before, I would give them treats fairly often, like sugar cubes, apples or carrots. Last night she when got her home, she was going after a little feed, but didn't seem to know anything about taking a piece of carrot. This morning after a couple attempts she slowly took one, and then got braver and by the end of the carrot she was working her lips reaching for it.

Oh I just remembered I have a donkey, Dominick. He lives at my mawz farm cause we have the mini horse. My mawz bought a bunch of cows I talked the guy in to throwing in the donkey for me. Guess I'm a bad donkey owner, cause I've always let him stay with his cows at my mawz. This donkey was supposedly a rescue donkey they got from some organizations.
My husband rode him some what. Haha

It's funny how most people I deal with refer to horses and mules in hands and ponies and donkeys in inches, I really never thought about it until now.
I guess maybe they talk in inches with donkeys because of the different size categories, miniature, standard, and mammoth all have a range of inches for the classifications.

Thanks, it was built as a dual purpose tobacco and cattle feeding barn. We had those wood troughs and hay racks built a few years ago.

Off topic....🤨🤔 what does that mean?! 🤣😅

Will you post a picture of the entire barn Ppppllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssseee. I'm curious now.

Latest posts