Jeep Wrangler ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Might be on lookout for Geo Tracker. I have a 2 dr 4x4 tracker with 235/15 mud tires and it will go thru as much mud as atv. For your creek crossing might need lift kit. Mine has auto tranny and I call it my warm and dry utv. Wish could find another one.

Might also be on lookout for pre 2002 Jeep Cherokee or other small 4x4 suv/truck.

My first scar is the result trying to warm my hands next to the fan in the floorboard of a 53 willys jeep on a cold January day back in 1969 , I was 2 years old and we were bird hunting. So technically I've been a jeeper since I was born and we've had many jeeps over the years . You can buy a number of vehicles that will do what you want to do but THEY AINT A JEEP. My cj7 doesn't see the farm use as much anymore since I got a utv because frankly its just not as handy. I use my jeep to hunt and run here and there off the farm and it performs well in these situations . I also dual sticked the transfer case for more control over the 4wd options. CJ's are simple machines and a few minor upgrades to carb and distributor and you have an engine that will run without brain box. They are also fun to just ride around in the summer on so they have more than one purpose. Try taking mama out to eat on a ranger with the doors off . You aint gonna get her in the vehicle. As much as I loathe the square headlights I would not want anything beyond the YJ models .

Stocker Steve":1jljck5v said:
Looking at buying a 2 door Jeep Wrangler. It would be used on gravel roads and in the pasture. Decent 90's models cost about $4000 to $5000 here. Any tips or things to watch out for?

Not a Wrangler but a '89 Cherokee 4 door with auto and 4 liter L6, unibody 2wd. Had it for about 6-7 years, put about 100k on it. Only problem was the radiator overflow reservoir, which was mounted on the curb side firewall, developed a crack along the seam where the two halves were chemically (I guess) joined and leaked radiator coolant. Putting a rubber pad under it and then strapping it down would probably have prevented this problem.

Surely similarities there. I did ride in a friends once with 4wd and the Dana front axle and it was very nose heavy as compared to my 2wd. I'd think if Jeep in today's market came with the front wheel drive system used in sedans and all to get it's 4wd function, it would bring a lot to the table. Don't know about longevity of the sealing rubber boots over the CV joints in an off road vehicle however.

Latest posts