Jedstivers

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":117i8iul said:
Ask him what kind of troubles he is having and I can write what I would do.
Jed would like to know how much it will cost to run a 125W, 120V heat lamp through the winter for his outside cat.

angie":13el2bm1 said:
HerefordSire":13el2bm1 said:
Jed would like to know how much it will cost to run a 125W, 120V heat lamp through the winter for his outside cat.

I will write the answer soon. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Look on your light bill and let me know the rate you are paying per kilowatt hour.

Angus Cowman":278djieu said:
he says his internet connection at home is messed up and he has to get it fixed but has been busy cutting beans and pickin cotton
he says he can log on to ranchers on his Iphone but can't log onto CT

I can't help him with his phone.

Probably what I need first is the operating system type and version from his home.

Then I would try to prove the connection exists. What type of connection to service provider...satellite, cable, wireless, modem, etc.?

angie":rwbcii5q said:
HerefordSire":rwbcii5q said:

Cost = cost in Minnesota * 40%. (Just a guess, but it don't get very cold in AR. And, there will be an ice storm so there are 3 weeks he won't be using any power. Plug in your cost in MN for "hot lamps, cat" and multiply by .40 and you'll be close)
Carbon Caps assure that no cats in the future will have heat lamps.

HerefordSire":2gayecbz said:
Angus Cowman":2gayecbz said:
he says his internet connection at home is messed up and he has to get it fixed but has been busy cutting beans and pickin cotton

Probably what I need first is the operating system type and version from his home.

Then I would try to prove the connection exists. What type of connection to service provider...satellite, cable, wireless, modem, etc.?
Hughes net satellite service

Angus Cowman":3vuuk2vv said:
HerefordSire":3vuuk2vv said:
Angus Cowman":3vuuk2vv said:

:( :( :cry2: :cry2: May it rest in peace.

Jed, I had that awful satellite internet for a while, but I now have verizon wireless hi-speed, which is infinitely faster and more reliable, and you can take it with you! I cannot recommend it strongly enough. They have a coverage map you can check to see how well it will work from your home, and I think offer a 30 day trial so you can test it out yourself. Satellite internet SUX! Hope you're back online soon!

Angus Cowman":26ld6e0g said:
HerefordSire":26ld6e0g said:
Angus Cowman":26ld6e0g said:

Have him try reinstalling the software that came with the satellite service. Work?

tncattle467":27j6fkfa said:
I have charter high speed so I wouldnt know anything about that. Is that like some laptop connect card deal?

Yes, it's about 1x3 inches and plugs into the USB port, but it works with cell phone technology instead of hot spots. We don't even have public water out my way, so DSL is a fantasy. Verizon made it possible for me to join the 21st century.

No, my service is quite good. Hardly ever drops below 2 of 4 bars, and that's enough for it to work fine. Cell phones are hit or miss here, too, depending on the provider. I've had the VZ wireless internet for several months now and no problems thus far.

HerefordSire":9bt1ke7r said:
Have him try reinstalling the software that came with the satellite service. Work?
Unless the dish has been damaged or become misaligned or the modem has gone bad, the problem most is most likely the assigned radio frequencies won't stay locked on to their assigned settings. Not sure if that is a local problem but more likely a Hughes.net problem. If you have satisfied your 2 year subscription contract, call them up and tell them you want to end your subscription. Most likely they will offer a "free" upgrade. (they offered me a free upgrade but I already had a new provider lined up) After all why pay for something that doesn't work.

farmwriter":13sspz0r said:
No, my service is quite good. Hardly ever drops below 2 of 4 bars, and that's enough for it to work fine. Cell phones are hit or miss here, too, depending on the provider. I've had the VZ wireless internet for several months now and no problems thus far.

How far from the cell tower are you?
If I may ask, how much $ for that?
Wireless broadband costs me $50/mo. :cry2: but it is worth it.

Latest posts