Jedda

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score
I picked up a new kelpie pup today, a bit unexpected. I saw an add for giveaway pups at the Coop a bit over a week ago and answered it but all the bitches had gone. Last night I got a phone call and one became available as the guy that wanted her could not get approval as he lived in a rental so we ducked down today and picked her up. The parents are nice looking kelpies, the bitch black and tan and the male a red dog. They are also very usefull workers, the owners have a lot of sheep on several properties and are very dependent on the dogs. They are also handy on cattle. Jedda is 8 wks old so nice and young, seems very calm and sensible. Can't argue about the price.
I have a bitch on order from the breeder of my Ellie that I lost several weeks ago but these puppies won't be born for another 3 weeks yet so am not guaranteed of a bitch being available yet. I will still go ahead with a pup if one is available but I am hedging my bets by taking Jedda. I think two young bitches bringing one on after the other will be a good fit for me. Hopefully Jedda will have a bit of experience to help start the next.

Yay Ken!!! :banana: Jedda's a cute thing! You're brave soul taking on two Kelpie youngsters isn't for the faint of heart! ;-)
I too am laughing at the auto censor police...apparently singular of "beech" is a no no but plural gets a green light. :lol:
Will be curious to know what you get from Jan and how it's bred.