JD D105 mower

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi there I have a d105. I have had it a couple of years only done about 100 hours. I have recently changed the oil and put a new belt on. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good DIY mods that will boost my mower?

I am going to disable the riio switch next after watching a vid on you tube.

Hi there I have a d105. I have had it a couple of years only done about 100 hours. I have recently changed the oil and put a new belt on. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good DIY mods that will boost my mower?

Are you going to put it in the mower races?
Most mowers these days are governed so they don't go too fast and stay under the noise limits. I think it affects the speed of the blades and they don't cut as well as they should.

Ken

Hi Ken. NO lol I don't realise that could be taken 2 ways. No I own my mower. Probably should of bought a bigger deck and more HP. Trying to work out are there any tips or tricks to make a d105 a better mower. Bigger deck? Different tyres, better blades. Some cheap mid to make motor run better. Any ideas welcome.

Sharpen your blades every 8 hours of mowing. You will be surprised how much better your mower performs.

Are you going to put it in the mower races?
Most mowers these days are governed so they don't go too fast and stay under the noise limits. I think it affects the speed of the blades and they don't cut as well as they should.

Ken

I think I read somewhere that residential mowers are set to a lower blade speed than commercial mowers. Might've been from someone trying to sell a commercial mower, so take that for what it's worth.

You can verify max RPM with a tiny tach. Most small engines are rated for 3600 RPM.

One of the best things you can do is go through and level the deck, both side to side and front to back. Specs should be in the manual.

Latest posts