JD 567 baler

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
what do you guys think of a top of the line fully loaded JD 567 baler thats a 5 by 6.the baler is a 2007 fully loaded with less than 2500 bles on it.an its been sitting in the barn the last 3yrs an hasnt been run as the guy has quit baling hay.going to go look at it this weekend.

The only issue with any 5 foot baler is if you have to haul hay on public roads. You can haul twice as many bales if they are 4 foot vs 5 foot (legally)

dun we dont haul on public highways so it isnt a prob.esp since our meadows are with a mi of the main farm.

bigbull338":llfpnofz said:
dun we dont haul on public highways so it isnt a prob.esp since our meadows are with a mi of the main farm.
What about gates? The origianl gates on this farm *from 80 years ago) are just over 11 foot. I wish I had one of the inline hay trailers, sure would be a lot faster and easier

bigbull338":19i95jyt said:
all of our gates are min 16ft to a max of 22ft.so thats no prob.
Then I would buy the baler if the price is right. The prices on equipment locator run from 28900 to 17500

JD 567 balers are about the best on the market IMO. My neighbor has one and I've rolled with it a few times. I have a Vermeer 5500 but its not as good as the JD. The downside to the JD's is they are a bit pricey.

Personally I like my 5' wide bales as it means I have less of them to handle. I haul them two wide on my trailer with some extensions I made that go into the stake pockets. My mower is 14' wide so anyplace it goes my trailer with hay will easily go. I also haul them on public roads, just make sure to do it during daylight hours and have never had an issue.

Having said that now that I'm picking up more hay ground I will most likely be looking for a 4' wide baler as they are easier to sell because some people don't like the idea of hauling a 10' wide load.

bigbull338":1377x5rh said:
the price is real good on it between $16,000 an $18,000 for the baler.
You're right, that is a good price. The lower prices were for 8-9 year old balers

plus ive seen quiet a few 567s with 16000 bales or more on them.an ive seen a few 20 to 25yr old balers for $7500 to $10,000.

If you don't mind the 5 foot bales that sounds like a very good price. Does it have net wrap?

Bull, sometimes when I'm shopping I'll look on TractorHouse.com to see where people are pricing things.
There are 400 of the 567's listed on that site.

fitz

fitz":2pv42lq6 said:
Bull, sometimes when I'm shopping I'll look on TractorHouse.com to see where people are pricing things.
There are 400 of the 567's listed on that site.

fitz
tractorhouse is where ive been looking for the last 2wks at balers that are priced at an above.plus im pretty good at haggling the details out.

2500 bales is nothing, that baler is still like new, we have a 567 and love it. Bought it new, We are getting quite a few bales on it and may trade for a 568/9 just to update. But, its been very trouble free, replaced the belts and general maintenance is all its required. Its a simple baler to run to in my opinion, even my 14 year old daughter runs ours. I think you may of found a good deal. We like the 5 foot bales because of our steep hills, the 4 footers are more likely to roll over...end for end, yeah, thats how steep some of our ground is :shock: Overall, I think you'll like that baler, what tractor are you going to be pulling it with?
Jenna

i love the big bales,wich means less bales to put up an feed.we will be pulling it with a jx80 4x4 case tractor.1 thing i do know is they will fill up a 4 bale hay hauler.

Latest posts