Jd 5045E

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry guys.
Made a new thread without searching.

We will bump this one just because it's a been a while. Any new reports or kool stuff?

Anybody got one?
Know someone who does?
What's the skinny on these handy lil tractors?
I'd like to use it for loading/stacking/unloading round bales. In addition to other lil things. Maybe brush hogging, running a 9ft sickle mower. Pulling a rake. Running square baler.
I figure it'll need a bale on the rear for ballast weight while stacking hay.
Screenshot_20220716-115521_Samsung Internet.jpg

I agree. Same tractor in 4wd is 9k more
I understand your dilemma. Iron and oil getting between the sun and the ground more or less forced me into rotational grazing.
I have moved cows 20 times since May 5th, (should have moved more often) Hay baled and stored for the year. About half of normal this year.
I pay for that. Will graze to moon of the red grass, (November) Will wean early (Sept) and sort off some cows. Calves are
getting creep fed to facilitate early weaning. Calves will probably sell in March/April @ 8-9 wt. We are 'hell for stout' with electric fence
which is a lot cheaper than a hired man. Business wise, rotational grazing, and a tight calving season are right at the top of my best moves.
As of this week we are 8+ inches shy of normal. Good luck whichever way you decide.

I have run one a good bit. A handy little tractor with good power. That extra $9k for it in 4wd would be money well spent in my opinion especially in that size tractor. The hay chores you listed it should do well with. The loading unloading it will handle but ballast will be important and mud will be your enemy. I know it is hard to imagine mud right now but it will return it always does.

Sorry guys.

We will bump this one just because it's a been a while. Any new reports or kool stuff?

Anybody got one?
Know someone who does?
I'd like to use it for loading/stacking/unloading round bales. In addition to other lil things. Maybe brush hogging, running a 9ft sickle mower. Pulling a rake. Running square baler.
View attachment 19092
IMG_20200615_072806.jpg

Mine is a 5425, about 75hp. It gets ran every day. 542 loader. This pick was before I added two sets of wheel weights. Handles rnd bales really well. DO NOT CARRY TWO BALES. When the five thousand series tractors came out a lot of guys around here got them. Several of them broke them in two. A bale on the front and back is to much. They don't have frames and break in the middle.
My sq baler absolutely loved this tractor running it.

I have a 2018 5075e and it handles two bales (5x5.5) just fine. In fact, I don't have a bale wagon/trailer yet so I will spend all day hauling all of my bales off the field two at a time.

View attachment 19111

Mine is a 5425, about 75hp. It gets ran every day. 542 loader. This pick was before I added two sets of wheel weights. Handles rnd bales really well. DO NOT CARRY TWO BALES. When the five thousand series tractors came out a lot of guys around here got them. Several of them broke them in two. A bale on the front and back is to much. They don't have frames and break in the middle.
My sq baler absolutely loved this tractor running it.
This is my neighbors 5410 4wd. I absolutely love it!
We do run a bale front and back on it. Hauls them well that way. The rear gets pretty light without a bale on back?
Are they the same frame type?

Screenshot_20220717-114224_Gallery.jpg

I have a 2018 5075e and it handles two bales (5x5.5) just fine. In fact, I don't have a bale wagon/trailer yet so I will spend all day hauling all of my bales off the field two at a time.
Do you know if it's the same frame size as a 5410?

They have soooo many models it's hard to keep up. The 5410 has power reverser and 4wd. 75hp I think.
And hard to find!

Sorry guys.

Anybody got one?
Know someone who does?
View attachment 19092
Handy little tractor but I think you'll outgrow it pretty quick Murray. Up to 5075 is pretty much the same machine. You have to go-to the 85 to really get more tractor. Buy it if that's where your at. But I'm betting you'll be looking to upsize in the future.

We have a 5055e, it's a 4wd, It handles 5x4 rolls fine. Need to have a roll or some kind of weight on the back if on hills. 4wd makes a world of difference.
Before, I had a 2wd 60hp Case. On level and dry ground it did fine, but you definitely did not want to go over a hill with much of a load or it was freewheeling. It didn't take but just a little wet conditions, mud or snow, to get you stuck even with nothing on the front just from the weight of the loader.
The 4wd JD 5055e will go through mud much better.

This is my neighbors 5410 4wd. I absolutely love it!
We do run a bale front and back on it. Hauls them well that way. The rear gets pretty light without a bale on back?
Are they the same frame type?

View attachment 19119
Well that's kind of the problem. They don't have frame rails. The engine to the trans is what holds them together.
I lift 2,400lb concrete blocks with mine. I never carry weight on the 3pt unless I'm mowing. The two sets of wheel weights are enough.

Well that's kind of the problem. They don't have frame rails. The engine to the trans is what holds them together.
I lift 2,400lb concrete blocks with mine. I never carry weight on the 3pt unless I'm mowing. The two sets of wheel weights are enough.
Are you on hills? I had fluid in the rear tires and 2 sets of wheel weights on my 2wd Case and it didn't make enough of a difference without some more weight on the back when taking much weight at at all in the bucket going up and down hills, as well as in mud on fairly level ground.

Are you on hills? I had fluid in the rear tires and 2 sets of wheel weights on my 2wd Case and it didn't make enough of a difference without some more weight on the back when taking much weight at at all in the bucket going up and down hills, as well as in mud on fairly level ground.
Yeah about half hills. And I make big bales. 72" x 69" 15-1800lbs it's the fwd that makes the difference. In 2wd my tractor is pretty helpless. Flip that switch and your pushing mud with the front axle in March when the frost goes out.
It also makes a difference how far out the bale is away from the tractor. When you take the bucket off and put the spear on a rnd bale is pretty close to the front axle. My dad has JD 2640, 2wd. He maybe moves 1 bale once a month so he just uses a spear that bolts on the front edge of the bucket. That puts the bale another 2' away from the front axle and takes a lot more weight off the back.

Yeah about half hills. And I make big bales. 72" x 69" 15-1800lbs it's the fwd that makes the difference. In 2wd my tractor is pretty helpless. Flip that switch and your pushing mud with the front axle in March when the frost goes out.
It also makes a difference how far out the bale is away from the tractor. When you take the bucket off and put the spear on a rnd bale is pretty close to the front axle. My dad has JD 2640, 2wd. He maybe moves 1 bale once a month so he just uses a spear that bolts on the front edge of the bucket. That puts the bale another 2' away from the front axle and takes a lot more weight off the back.
Yes the 4wd makes a world of difference.

Latest posts