JD 467 Baler Monitor Question

Help Support CattleToday:

scheff

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking at a used 467, which seems to be in good shape. One thing I noticed though is that when hooking up the monitor, it shows the bale size indicator looking like there is half a bale in the chamber. Would this indicate bad sensors, or could this be cleared out somehow? This will be my first baler, so would like to make sure I'm checking all the boxes on an inspection.
Thanks!

Do you mean there is bale tension showing, or it's showing 30" of bale in the chamber? If it's showing tension it should just be a matter of adjusting the position of the sensors. I think there is a sensor on either side of the baler just below the top back roll on the tailgate.

Hope I'm explaining correctly, but what I mean is the baler is empty, and the two bars that indicate bale shape are showing at about 40% on one side and 60% on the other. I would expect if the baler is empty there would be no bars at all, but perhaps it'll clear out/reset once a bale is started? I don't have User Manual to reference yet, so thought I'd see if anyone here has seen that before.
Thanks again!

I am not positive, but I think that is how ours appears when empty also. Our bale shape sensors have needed adjusting since we got it, but on 4' wide bales you really don't need them if you have full windrows. But they can be nice if one side really gets a lot larger than the other so you can correct it, but honestly I hardly pay any attention to them.

Any thoughts or comments on he 467 in general? Again, this will be my first baler, so I'm interested in any experience or guidance y'all have.
Thanks!

Should be a good baler BUT you need to make sure you have a full 12v getting to it or you will have a lot of trouble (we ended up wiring the power wires straight to the battery and skipping the plug) that could be what your current problem is. The other thing I would check first is making sure all the tiny pins in the monitor/baler hookup are just right (that also caused us some headaches)

It's easy to adjust the sensors, just loosen them and back them off a bit. It will be self explanatory when you look at them, but I'd run it first, it will likely work just fine the way it is.