JD 230 disk

Help Support CattleToday:

SBMF 2015

Reaction score
I have a neighbor who has a JD 230 disk, wing fold, 25'. He wants a smaller disk and I want a bigger one. I have a Kewanee 16' wing fold. We are thinking about trading ( with some cash to boot on my end). I have always ran Krause or Kewanee disks. Anyone had any experience with a JD 230? Anything that stands out good or bad?

Don't think the winged ones are too bad, but stay away from the ones that fold in half is what I've always heard.

Even the Deere guys around here run red disks, or did with that vintage of equipment. All the 220/230 disks I see have had the gangs straightened and are converted to poor mans turbo till now.

Don't think the winged ones are too bad, but stay away from the ones that fold in half is what I've always heard.

Even the Deere guys around here run red disks, or did with that vintage of equipment. All the 220/230 disks I see have had the gangs straightened and are converted to poor mans turbo till now.
Thanks.
There used to be several bi fold Krause disks around the country up here. You couldn't give me one of those ridging junk things.
We are about the only ones around here that still disk. Everyone else has bought a turbo till, but I have manure to incorporate.

All the 220/230 disks I see have had the gangs straightened and are converted to poor mans turbo till now.

How much of an offset angle for "turbo till" ?
Original coulters, or aftermarket turbo flutted?
What kind of finisher do you prefer to hang off the back?
How well does this conversion work compared to a traditional offset disk?

Last edited:
I've pulled a 230 over a lot of acres. Pretty nice pulverizing disk, will cut level. If you need a breaking disk it will do the job just leave it folded up.

What are you pulling with big step from 16. I have a 20 foot 496 its load behind a 1086
I bought a JD 4640 this summer. Otherwise last fall I had a White 2-105.
A neighbor pulls a 23' Krause with a 1086 w/ duals. I've ran it for them. It will slip going up hill, but doesn't loose power.

Latest posts