JD 2020

Help Support CattleToday:

sounds like youve got a cracked block.white smoke on a diesel means a blown motor.check your oil an see if you have water in it.

could also be a hung injector ...does the smoke not clear up??

really it doubtful its a cracked block unless its using alot of water..take the radiator cap off and see if its got bubbles in it when it runnig....or water in yer oil...if yer oil is overful then the inj is leaking fuel past the rings....

I can't comment on the ticking sound but there is always some smoke that comes out of the breather pipe.

If you mean white smoke of steam out the vent pipe for the crank case I had that trouble with my 2020. As it turns out I had water leaking into the oil past an o ring between the bottom of the cylinder sleeve and the block.

surprisinly enough, doesn't seem to be any water in the oil. ran er for about four or five mins. still have the tat sound also some type of squeak, thought it might be water pump but its not. Took out the oil dipstick, had the white smoke coming out of it. gotta be something internal, thank goodness its not our main tractor, but, looks like its to our dealer for it.

critterair2":mn85yg06 said:
surprisinly enough, doesn't seem to be any water in the oil. ran er for about four or five mins. still have the tat sound also some type of squeak, thought it might be water pump but its not. Took out the oil dipstick, had the white smoke coming out of it. gotta be something internal, thank goodness its not our main tractor, but, looks like its to our dealer for it.
I would say you have a stuck injector more than likely
the sound it is making is a constant tapping like a lifter on a big block chevy it is pretty common on the 20 series JD and isn't very expensive to fix

Is it "smoke" or "steam" in the crank case? If it is smoke I would piston rings or a cracked piston.

Latest posts