JD 2010

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Against my better judgement, a JD 2010 gas has taken residence in my front yard. Hasn't run in a while, the fuel valve under the tank was plugged. Jerked the carb off and tore it apart tonight, going to get a kit for it. It's got that funky shifter on the dash, don't quite understand it. Need to get this thing running and sold before any of my Fords catch something from it.

Any pearls of wisdom in starting this jewel? Any guess as to it's worth with good tires and in fair condition with poor paint?

Thank You

cfpinz":3lehmi2p said:
Against my better judgement, a JD 2010 gas has taken residence in my front yard. Hasn't run in a while, the fuel valve under the tank was plugged. Jerked the carb off and tore it apart tonight, going to get a kit for it. It's got that funky shifter on the dash, don't quite understand it. Need to get this thing running and sold before any of my Fords catch something from it.

Any pearls of wisdom in starting this jewel? Any guess as to it's worth with good tires and in fair condition with poor paint?

Thank You
anywheres between $3000 and $5000 depends on what you can sucker someone out of :lol:

Stocker Steve":cmkcui0w said:
How did you manage to afford a green machine?

It hasn't run in 3-7 years, the best guess of the current resident where we drug it out the weeds with a backhoe. Almost killed the old man dragging it up on the trailer with the hoe, ever seen a tractor go flying off the back of a gooseneck with no brakes? Pops was riding it, funny things happen when chains come loose...

AC - I'll take 3 grand tonight, when do you want to come pick it up?

cfpinz":t9rqs6hi said:
Stocker Steve":t9rqs6hi said:
How did you manage to afford a green machine?

It hasn't run in 3-7 years, the best guess of the current resident where we drug it out the weeds with a backhoe. Almost killed the old man dragging it up on the trailer with the hoe, ever seen a tractor go flying off the back of a gooseneck with no brakes? Pops was riding it, funny things happen when chains come loose...

AC - I'll take 3 grand tonight, when do you want to come pick it up?
Not ME
I got rid of all my GREEN pieces of Sh-t a few yrs ago I got all blue now except for 1 sweet lil 170 allis

john250":2q34iwla said:
Did they show a price for "just dug out of the weeds with a backhoe"? :)

Here they usually advertise that a one owner tractor!

Sometimes they hire the Amish to repaint it, and then it is a one owner tractor with low hours! ;-)

Growin up a 2010 was the only tractor we had on a 3500 acre place, it did all our haying and farming for a good 15 years without any problems, until we got a triple wide new holland bale wagon. That wore it out real quick. Although it would be a bit underpowered for todays equipment, I still think it would be a handy tractor to have around. Only problem I have with the green stuff is it is always overpriced. There is a 2010 in town for sale right now with a cab and a loader on it......$12,000.00. I couldn't believe it when I asked how much.

Growin up a 2010 was the only tractor we had on a 3500 acre place, it did all our haying and farming for a good 15 years without any problems,

You must have had the only good one they ever made.

clean the tank pour oil down the intake and exhaust spin it with the plugs out all the old favs/ get it running and sell it to a new farmer that's got 5 acres and two horses and needs something so he can post it on his myspace as his john deere that he's restoring tell the guy it's serail# you know impress him with bull #@$$$ handy little tractor just needs paint get away from your tractors cwik a strange and misunderstood from of tire rot has been known to form on 2010s but isolated from the herd of fords and kept in the barn on his 5 acres it should do well

To answer your question of how much the 2010 is worth right now, I'd have to ask you a question. How much did you pay for it and then you'll have your answer! LOL

hey! knock it off..ive got a jd 2010 diesel w/a loader and a backhoe on it...its decent mach for me. i dont use it much but it does what i ask it to. which now that i think about it ant much but putttin out hay. i always hear everyone sayin theyre junk but the guys at the jd show that coms here are dyin to see it cuz they said that there is no jd backhoe for a 2010...guess ive got the only one..got the originators paperwerk to go w/it too.....

anyone wanna buy it...i need smaller machine actually

Fly-guy":22zrc46h said:
To answer your question of how much the 2010 is worth right now, I'd have to ask you a question. How much did you pay for it and then you'll have your answer! LOL

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me!

crats - That's exactly where it belongs!

Figured out that it's positive ground, are 2010's 6 volt or 12? Hooked everything up today with a 12v battery and kept smelling smoke from under the dash when I tried to start it. Interesting...

mine is 12v..good thing. i never thought of that. real pita puttin a battery in w/a loader on it cuz ya gotta pull the cyl off to put it in.

Latest posts