jd 2010

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
3 cyl diesel with a loader and a backhoe. runs good. anyone know of a collector that might know about this unit or what it might be worth.
im trying to find out more about it . needs a head gasket and some gauges. dont want tear into it w/o knowing about parts and stuff.

maybe a cool project to restore in my free time..bwahahahaha!

dieselbeef":ln1a92qt said:
3 cyl diesel with a loader and a backhoe. runs good. anyone know of a collector that might know about this unit or what it might be worth.
im trying to find out more about it . needs a head gasket and some gauges. dont want tear into it w/o knowing about parts and stuff.

maybe a cool project to restore in my free time..bwahahahaha!

Are you sure it's 3 cylinder? Back in May I helped a friend with a gas model 2010 that had hydraulic problems. It was 4 cylinder. Just finished looking at the 2010 and 2010C and both are listed as 4 cylinder gas and diesel.

Over on Yesterdays Tractor site there was a thread for worst tractors. The 1010 and 2010 made that list several times along with the 6000 Ford. Couple of others there too. I think the gas model gave less problems than the diesel from what I read.

I've never owned one or worked one so I don't know much about them. I found the problem with the one I helped with by reading of the same problem on that site I mentioned above. Lots of good help over there on older tractors.

The one I worked on had a device to disconnect the hydraulic pump for starting purposes and then after it was running I think you had to shut the engine down to engage the pump. I also remember reading the diesel model 4 cylinder had problems cracking between the cylinders in the block. The gas model didn't. That's just what I read and again I have no experience with the tractor like you have.

then what was the point of your post. to tell me me tractor is a piece of crap??
another expert that missed his calling...thanks for nuthin...

on another page of the internet youll find that alot of people love this unit and still ahev them....

oh yeah...i can count 3 or 4 ...but thanks for nuthin anywyas..

dieselbeef":18i7htuk said:
then what was the point of your post. to tell me me tractor is a piece of crap??

on another page of the internet youll find that alot of people love this unit and still ahev them....

Excuse me then. I just posted what I read and pointed to a site that you can read too. I also stated I never owned one or had worked one. I went to tractor data and tractor specs and both had that tractor listed as a 4 cylinder for gas and diesel. Could it be it's not the original engine in the tractor now?

I'm no expert and again that's why I pointed you to the YTMAG site. You can go there and post and read. You might not like what you get back in a reply. I consider many of those guys there experts. I apologize for pissing you off and had no intention of doing so.
Good day.

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning . Won't call any names of course (dieselbeef), but we know who we are. :lol:

Jim62":iorhxroo said:
Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning . Won't call any names of course (dieselbeef), but we know who we are. :lol:

Well I'm feeling great. Weatherman on Tuesday morning said we had a chance to get 1/4 in. of rain. It rained starting Wed. morning on through last night. Got a total of 9 inches!!!!! Very little ran off until last night. Ponds came up 2 feet in the night. I can deal with about anything today. So I think I'll try and get a gate back in a manure spreader this morning. :lol:

I was about to start looking for a triple doplar radar to destroy before this rain. Might have kicked a weatherman too. :D We got mud and I'm happy!! When I finish that gate I may ride down to the river and watch the water go by while sipping a cold one.

rmcva":33cclu9z said:
dieselbeef":33cclu9z said:

Excuse me then. I just posted what I read and pointed to a site that you can read too. I also stated I never owned one or had worked one. I went to tractor data and tractor specs and both had that tractor listed as a 4 cylinder for gas and diesel. Could it be it's not the original engine in the tractor now?

I'm no expert and again that's why I pointed you to the YTMAG site. You can go there and post and read. You might not like what you get back in a reply. I consider many of those guys there experts. I apologize for be nice you off and had no intention of doing so.
Good day.

alright alright...guess read it in the wrong context..didnt mean to be a d*ck. ;-)

anyways yea ive read the stuff on the tractors of yesterday site or whatever its called. some good some bad.
and as i pull my head out of my a** ill admit it is a 4 cyl :eek: ( i was thinkin of my kubota that just blew a hydraulic line in the middle of mowin and is sittin there half finished).

back to the question.....uummmmmmm

we got rain too! bwahahaha...been a strange mornin fellas.

anyways maybe i can post somethin over there and see if i get any hits. a guy did tell me hes got a bunch of gaskets for a rebuild so maybe.....

alright alright...guess read it in the wrong context..didnt mean to be a d*ck. ;-)

anyways yea ive read the stuff on the tractors of yesterday site or whatever its called. some good some bad.
and as i pull my head out of my a** ill admit it is a 4 cyl :eek: ( i was thinkin of my kubota that just blew a hydraulic line in the middle of mowin and is sittin there half finished).

back to the question.....uummmmmmm

we got rain too! bwahahaha...been a strange mornin fellas.

anyways maybe i can post somethin over there and see if i get any hits. a guy did tell me hes got a bunch of gaskets for a rebuild so maybe.....[/quote]

No problem. I know I have bad days and I have to read post several times to try and make sure I understand. And still don't at times.
The guy I helped with the 2010 gas tractor used it along through the summer. He's tickled with the tractor. I was surprised at the weight to HP. It's pretty heavy for it's size. Many tractors today have to much HP for what they weigh. In these rolling hills weight means as much or more than HP at times.

Good luck with your tractor.

yeah thanks..it does wiegh a ton. the diesel is good to but it is a pre 1965 unit so its showin its age..and it aint sat around much

I have an old 2020 with a loader whitch is almost the same as the 2010 and I love it. It is shot but it keeps on working. It burns very little fule and will rake hay several days on a tank full. The 143 loader will move large rolls and I use mine to feed all winter.
The line that JD made that was the 1010 the 1020 the 2010, 2020, 3020, 4010, 4020, and the 5020 were the best tractors JD ever made
And I think the 4020 is still one of the best tractors out there today.
You can get parts too.
I can call in a part for my 2020 before 10:00AM and have it the next day on almos any part on it. I think I ordered somthing once that took 3 days.

i have since found a local (35mi) jd dealer in zolfo springs fl that actaully knows what hes doin! hooked me up with some filters and actually figured out the serial #'s close enough to even get engine parts we think.

the local dealer couldnt find anything for it...southern eqpt...pathetic really

Not a 2010 but have a 3020 gas burner with loader that I wouldn't trade for a new one. ;-) I know this has nothing to do with this post. :lol:

We have a 1520 gas burner with a 520 loader and wouldn't trade it for almost anything. The only thing last year the fuel pump went out and had to replace the whole assembly and the new one didnt have a sediment bowl. We was having trouble with it not getting enough gas and it would die. We put a inline fuel filter in and fixed the problem. Just a heads up.

I'm sure glad to hear what a piece of junk 2010s are. There are hundreds of them around here that folks have used for years with no problems and had no idea they weren;t worth messing with

Latest posts