January Evening

Help Support CattleToday:

Rydero

Reaction score
Hopefully the last night of this cold snap. Hit -40 this am. The girls were just cleaning up a bit. PXL_20210127_222236957.jpg

But I want them full overnight so they can keep warm. One call and I drove slowly towards the next stash of bales. They beat me to it. PXL_20210127_222620168.jpg

My girls looked like that tonight too! Walking the last group home tomorrow. We have roughly that much snow on the ground and they haven't had any new hay since Sunday. It's in the twenties here. They came running tonight for corn when I called them. They should fallow a round bale on the tractor easy tomorrow.

This morning after feeding I saw that there was 12-15 cows on the other side of the river. It was snowing and blowing. I thought this will be fun. Herding them down to the crossing with the quad. Instead I drove the feed truck to the crossing and honked the horn. They slowly walked down the river bank and one at a time slowly waded the river. Once on my side they each took off running to the feed row.
On Sunday I will start feeding on the other side of the river and close the gate on this side. They should start calving soon and there are too many hiding holes on this side. There is good cover on the other side but cover that can be checked fairly easy for new calves.