Jamison Dispersion

Help Support CattleToday:

Nothing on Jamison's website. So I went to the AHA website and looked in the calendar. Sure enough -December 9th! It says "Complete Dispersion!"

My thoughts? Gather up all the nickels you can between now and then. If it's a COMPLETE dispersion, there'll be enough really good cattle in that sale to go around - and it is being held at a time that isn't ideal!

Edited to add: Idaman, these are some Line 1 cattle that even you might love! Most of them will still have their horns!

George

WichitaLineMan":1hr3ehwm said:
You must not get your Hereford World as fast as the rest of us VIPs!

LOL!!!!!!!!!

No I don't - and I haven't figured out why! The last time something was mentioned on here it was a week before mine came in!

George

Herefords.US":32ctnb63 said:
Nothing on Jamison's website. So I went to the AHA website and looked in the calendar. Sure enough -December 9th! It says "Complete Dispersion!"

My thoughts? Gather up all the nickels you can between now and then. If it's a COMPLETE dispersion, there'll be enough really good cattle in that sale to go around - and it is being held at a time that isn't ideal!

Edited to add: Idaman, these are some Line 1 cattle that even you might love! Most of them will still have their horns!

George

Anything that influened NedJr's cattle have to be pretty good, horns and all.

I have always thought that if I was going for L1's I would go to Miles City/

Going through old Journals made me wonder whatever happened to the L12's.

WichitaLineMan":2ld1e52f said:
Maybe it's those "ALIENS" in Stephenville?????

Which kind? The ones from down south or the ones from outer space? :lol2:

27.jpg

George

Good one! I meant the ones from outer space. I'm surprised they haven't snagged Moo Lah!

I hope Ned Jr. will chime in on the dispersion.

I know I can't afford to out bid high rollers like him and George so if they would let me know what they were interested in, I could scout out the rest of the catalog.

I am pretty sure I am going to go.

432.jpg

5636.jpg

I'll be surprised if I'd buy anything, WLM. I think my linebreeding program may have already moved beyond where an infusion of straight Line 1 blood in the form of another cow would be what I need. I sold my last straight Line 1's this year - and I've got a couple mostly Line 1's left that I may sell before winter too. If I don't sell them I may not be able to keep all the heifers I want to keep.

But I can help you hog-tie Ned and stash him in one of the trailers until the sale is over! :lol2:

Seriously, if someone wants/needs some Line 1 based cows, this sale is probably going to be the best opportunity to get some quality Line 1 cattle at affordable prices since Harland's dispersion - and there's going to be a lot more of them than there was at Harlands'.

George

What's Ace asking on the registered stuff?

I assume the 800 at Jamisons includes bred heifers and calves at side of cows. So my guess is 300-400 mature cows. 100 bred heifers and the rest as calves. Just my guess though.

Now if George would just offer to fly Knersie in so he could be chief evaluator at the sale!

I just remembered that I missed the end of Colyer's Internet heifer sale tonight. The two heifers I was interested in sold for $14,000 and $13,000. I'm glad I didn't think about it and rush back from the leased pasture! :nod:

George

WichitaLineMan":3a38uai4 said:
What's Ace asking on the registered stuff?

I assume the 800 at Jamisons includes bred heifers and calves at side of cows. So my guess is 300-400 mature cows. 100 bred heifers and the rest as calves. Just my guess though.

Now if George would just offer to fly Knersie in so he could be chief evaluator at the sale!

My passport is ready and as luck would have it I'll have a few day free between harvesting. ;-)

JHH":1msto9tw said:
What is average cow price going to be since they have horns? And is some Jacka$$ going to buy them and cut them off?

That's OK, Jay! If I did buy anything from Jamisons, I've been called a lot worse than JackaSS! :lol: :lol:

If memory serves me correctly, RB L1 Dominette 4059 had horns when she was sold in the Rock Creek Dispersion as an 8 year old cow. She is now owned by Star Lake, and the ancestor of many cattle in their program. Also the granddam of the Wallace bull.
7-RB_L1_Dominette_4059.thumblarge.jpg

George

I haven't talked to Gordon, but my wife talked to the auctioneer(Lynn Weishaar) and I guess Gordon"s brother wants his money from their Father's estate. Evidently Gordon and him couldn't quite reach an agreement on the $$$$ so all the cows sell, but Gordon has every right to bid on any cow he wants and sounds like he will buy quite a few back, but Lynn said he would have to write a check like everyone else at the sale.

Dale was the Dad, and Gordon his son. Who is Gordon's brother? And what grandkids are involved? Also who has taken them into the horse business?

Thanks.

Latest posts