Jacking up Gas Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Ya'll must be talking about gasoline.

Gas prices are so cheap I think they'll have mineral owners paying the gas companies to just take it off their hands before long :mad:

backhoeboogie":jqhbz1nt said:
Ya'll must be talking about gasoline.

Gas prices are so cheap I think they'll have mineral owners paying the gas companies to just take it off their hands before long :mad:

I think they are just sitting on production right now waiting on the prices to go up. Who knows? They are still drilling, but we haven't gotten any new production orders in a very long time.

I haven't looked at gasoline prices lately but I have to fill up sometime today. I guess I will see then...

Monday $1.75 a gal

Tuesday $1.99 a gal

Haven't checked today. I'm afraid to look.

i think our gas price is $1.95 a gal.dont have to get gas but every 10 days to 2wks.

My Nephew works for an Oil Co. in north Texas. He goes all over Texas and Oklahoma. He told me they are still drilling but not very much. When they hit Oil they are capping the well waiting for the prices to rise.
Tom.

plus they are buying easements for the trans canada oil pipeline to the texas gulf coast right now.when completed no telling how millions of barrals of oil will go though that thing.

FarmGirl10":x6yyajj7 said:
Why do they think its necessary? Around here it jumped $0.20! :mad:

$.20 seems to be the thing here, too. We're jumping from $1.7X to $1.9X one day and back to $1.7X the next. I think the oil companies are trying to keep gasoline around $2 a gallon, but are having a hard time. There was never a valid reason for $4 gasoline. And right now there's probably not a valid reason for $2 gasoline. But our next car is probably going to be a hybrid of some sort.

Oklahoma is starting to feel the effects of $50 oil. Halliburton had a mass lay off: 200 in the local manufacturing plant and more individually in other operations. 200 out of work in a town of 20,000 is tough. As Halliburton goes, so go lots of independent machine shops. Some of them are laying off, too. My neighbor's son in law got laid off from Halliburton. His health insurance will be gone in one month. With a couple of small kids, that has to be a concern. :(

Gasoline here was $2.05 this morning. Last natural gas checks were between $3.46 to $3.88 per thousand cubic feet. Gas drilling is coming to a standstill, pipeline companies are laying off crews and I understand Valero has already shut down one refinery on the Gulf Coast. And most recent report showed domestic crude supplies at an 18 year high.

TexasBred":3n98wnub said:
Last natural gas checks were between $3.46 to $3.88 per thousand cubic feet.

So why is fertilizer still high? If the huge rise was truly related to gas prices, it should be less than what it was initially.

They were going to punch three horizontals in one of the pastures I have leased for hay. They cancelled for now. Wonderful for me. The property owner is pleased too. He'd rather get the surge when prices are better.

When the Trans/Can pipeline is completed up and operational are gas prices to be lower or just more product on the market for sale to the highest bidder. Will this be a guarantee that we will always have fuel available. What happened to the Alaskan pipeline of the eighties. What do you think
Tom.

backhoeboogie":1m8kyk7m said:
TexasBred":1m8kyk7m said:
Last natural gas checks were between $3.46 to $3.88 per thousand cubic feet.

So why is fertilizer still high? If the huge rise was truly related to gas prices, it should be less than what it was initially.

They were going to punch three horizontals in one of the pastures I have leased for hay. They cancelled for now. Wonderful for me. The property owner is pleased too. He'd rather get the surge when prices are better.

Nitrate and Phosphate are down but still higher than what we're use to...right now the killer in fertilizer is potash.

Don't know anybody filing very many permits right now other than Chesapeake whos CEO get's 2% off each well's production and a couple of other companies. I understand rig owners have cut rental prices by 50% and still have no takers.

The company I work for has 1 rig going, 3 locations staked, and is leasing more land. We are drilling where to hold leases and keeping the wells choked back.

Another company here close kicked off and is back to drilling again.

There are some signs of rigs going back to work but its very slow. My unlce rig has been drilling and then shutting them in. They drill for a couple days... sit for a couple days... drill for a couple days... sit for a couple days. He said lots of b-b-qing and bsing going on.

Other uncle is still in LA drilling.

i think it will stablelize the gas prices even more when its up an running.they are looking at having it up an running by 2011.but im thinking itll be 2012.they just started buying easements here.an we are working with them on the price pre ac.

Latest posts