Jacking up Gas Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":2s11lbv4 said:
That's gonna kill a lot of people. At least when the economy tanked, gas prices did, too. Glad I don't have a long commute.

When oil comes up the economy will come up. More people should should think about that next time they cry about gas prices. Pay $4 gasoline and have a job.... or $2 gasoline with NO JOB.

Brute 23":3gd84644 said:
Lammie":3gd84644 said:
That's gonna kill a lot of people. At least when the economy tanked, gas prices did, too. Glad I don't have a long commute.

When oil comes up the economy will come up. More people should should think about that next time they cry about gas prices. Pay $4 gasoline and have a job.... or $2 gasoline with NO JOB.

I doubt all of the sudden everyone who has lost their jobs are gonna get them back or be able to find new ones. I know some people who have been unemployed for over 6 months, and they aren't just sitting on their butts everyday, they are looking for work.

It sucks for me, because when gas goes up, diesel does too, and I can't say how many of us dairy farmers are going to be able to stay afloat with $10 milk, and diesel that gets over $3 a gallon again, because funny how this is working, but groceries, other than milk, have not come down in price yet. I can fully see that if anything the rise in fuel will hurt more people than help.

Will it stimulate the economy? Don't think so, it didn't the last time around, and it won't this time either.

This is all about the greedy oil execs wanting to line their golden pockets even more, if the govt wants to do something they should focus their attention on the fuel crisis, that effects everyone.

GMN

High gas prices put a lot of small companies and independent truckers out of business.

We paid $2.11 today for regular unleaded. Saw it priced from $2.15 to $2.09.

Brute 23":2mpc1ova said:
Lammie":2mpc1ova said:

The economy in Texas, maybe. And I don't see that as a bad thing, understand.
$4 gasoline will just kill any state which doesn't produce oil/gas. See last summer for reference. It's no shock the mortgage crisis started in Sept, after a summer of $4+ gas.
Gasoline around $2.75 will bump the economy a lot faster than $4 gas.

Brute 23":36rmbd1o said:
Lammie":36rmbd1o said:

Four dollar gasoline won't magically make people get jobs. It will just make then have to decide whether to buy gas or pay the rent. And if you are fortunate enough to have a job, wages have gone down because there are so many people in the job market at the moment. My husband's plant took 230 applications last month alone. And it isn't a big plant. Those are ten dollar an hour jobs. You can't feed a family, pay the bills the rent and four dollars for gas on that wage. And when fuel prices go up, the cost of production goes up, profits go down. Again, lose/lose, except if you are an executive at Exxon Mobile.

I fail to see why we can bail out AIG while common people are faced with terrible decisions about feeding and housing their children.

Diesel was $2.07 on Winscott RD, Benbrook, TX today. I filled up. First time not using the local maw and paw Station in a long time. There wasn't enough left in the tank to make it home.

Latest posts