Jacking up a cattle trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

dcara":lyjvgiil said:
I talked to a mechanic the other day that told me they decide at the factory which trucks need 4" blocks and which ones need 2" blocks based on a drive shaft vibration test they do. The trucks generally get the 2" blocks unless they think the truck has to much drive shaft vibration, then they put on the 4" blocks which changes the angle of the driveshaft to differential pinon which seems to stop the vibration. He said he has replaced a couple of dozen 4" blocks with 2" blocks over the past 5 years. About half of them developed a vibration and so he had to go back and re-install the 4" blocks to get rid of it. Hence, I think I'll stay with my 4" blocks.

Ahhh.. Didn't know Ford put blocks on at the factory... Didn't know anybody put blocks on at the factory, honestly.. :oops:

If that's the case, then I'd say the GN just doesn't work right with the truck.. Before I'd mod anything, I'd just find another trailer.

I know how bad that sucks, though, because it took me forever to find a decent used stock trailer at a decent price. Trying to find a good used stock trailer is like trying to find a good woman..

Latest posts