Jacking a barn up ( pics added )

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Need to jack my old barn up and dont really know how to do this.

I have 2 20 ton bottle jacks and railroad end cuts and have an idea on how I want to do it just dont really know how to attach jack to posts.

Any help would be appreciated as well as thoughts on how to do it.JHH

Maybe a piece of stout angle iron bolted thru the post?
Some pictures might help us understanding what needs to be done.

If this is a pole barn you can lag steel to the side of the posts and jack them up. Pour some cement under the posts in the hole when you get them about where you want them. I have watched my Dad did it years back with dry cement and I never understood why.

Aw man, now it looks like I got my idea from backhoe since I didn't get my edit done fast enough. :lol:

Are you jacking it up to move it? I've twice moved small buildings successfully by jacking them up and backing under them with a flatbed trailer. It's an endeavor filled with precariousness...my advice is watch your butt.

I have to get it cleaned out first. It has about two years worth of build up in one stall. Long story.

I will get pics and let you see what I need. It is an old barn ( not a pole barn) Has pegs in it to hold it together. I am going to try and get it up in shape to use it.I do think the poles are square not round.

No not moving it just getting it back on the cement things it was on.

JHH":2sruohsb said:
I have to get it cleaned out first. It has about two years worth of build up in one stall. Long story.

I will get pics and let you see what I need. It is an old barn ( not a pole barn) Has pegs in it to hold it together. I am going to try and get it up in shape to use it.I do think the poles are square not round.

No not moving it just getting it back on the cement things it was on.

Give me some pics of where you want jack from and let me see what type of foundation you have the sill plate sitting on - if there is a sill plate.

I have jacked a few in my day - they are all different - it is easy and it is safe if you have a fairly solid structure and a decentg base to set the jacks.

Grab some steel plates you will need them if coming up from below - get a bunch pf good timbers if you plan to jack from beside

You cannot provide too many pics.

Cheers

Bez+

Ok here are some pics I have more just havent got them loaded yet.

COWSANDBARNPICS011.jpg

COWSANDBARNPICS009.jpg

COWSANDBARNPICS019.jpg

COWSANDBARNPICS021.jpg

COWSANDBARNPICS013.jpg

COWSANDBARNPICS010.jpg

Latest posts