J&J shot

Help Support CattleToday:

The #2 most common variant circulating in the US came from....(or was 1st identified in anyway) ........drumroll please.
Brazil

Thanks Bolsonaro..

(Just because it was first detected in Brazil doesn't mean it began there. The more people that get, the higher the liklihood it will mutate, which is big fallacy #2 behind natural 'herd immunity'. #1 is the high number of people that will die while trying to reach natural 'herd immunity')

Boys I'm just feeding the hysteria. I had the big bad Chinese Virus and lived to tell about it. Not much more than a common cold.
I know a lot of people who had it also and did just fine and then, someone gets it and dies.. There is no rhyme or reason with this virus..

People die all the time, have for years. Nothing new here.
I don't understand the point this is trying to make. Everyone knows that people die all the time. I wasn't aware people were in a hurry to have their family members die. Most people I know love their parents, grandparents, etc. The only people I know who want to die are people who have miserable lives.

I don't understand the point this is trying to make. Everyone knows that people die all the time. I wasn't aware people were in a hurry to have their family members die. Most people I know love their parents, grandparents, etc. The only people I know who want to die are people who have miserable lives.
Bless your heart.

Have a nice evening my dear frightened friend. Perhaps your great governor will take his boot off your neck sooner rather than later and you can again live free.
Thanks Spike. We're pals ain't we? You can whip any ol' virus and you're my hero 'cause your'e so big and strong.

Thanks Spike. We're pals ain't we? You can whip any ol' virus and you're my hero 'cause your'e so big and strong.
Got my shots. The first I could feel but it was not bad. The second I didn't even feel. The lady said to wait around 15 minutes to make sure I did not have a reaction. I asked her what would happen if I did have a reaction? She said, "Then I come save you." That made me feel all safe and secure.

Until the end of last year, i scoffed at the numbers saying they were made up.. Then, i lost friends, friends my age that were going about their days like everyone else and at the worst time, as the vaccine was becoming available. Going all that time and then dying from it, just aint right.. That kind of woke me up. I started taking it more serious. But, i think that keep your distance, dont go out sick, wash your hands and dont touch your face is all you need to do unless you have health issues, then you wear a mask.. but telling me i have to wear one, my body my choice even though i know the risk....i just took a risk getting in a corral with 5 bulls with horns. i know my risk..

6 cases out of how many J&J shots administered?
Answer: 6.8 million people in the US have received the J&J vaccination.

1:1.1 million people.
A very small sub-set but it still bears further investigation.

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think the J&J vaccine is a mRNA vaccine. I think it's a viral vector vaccine. Not sure what that actually means though.
"J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines are made with the same technology. Leading COVID-19 vaccines train the body to recognize the spike protein that coats the outer surface of the coronavirus. But the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines use a cold virus, called an adenovirus, to carry the spike gene into the body. J&J uses a human adenovirus to create its vaccine while AstraZeneca uses a chimpanzee version."

AstraZeneca vaccine is not authorized for use in this country.

Viral Vector Vaccine:
"
Viral vector vaccines use a modified version of a different virus (the vector) to deliver important instructions to our cells.
  1. First, the vector (not the virus that causes COVID-19, but a different, harmless virus) will enter a cell in our body and then use the cell's machinery to produce a harmless piece of the virus that causes COVID-19. This piece is known as a spike protein and it is only found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.
  2. Next, the cell displays the spike protein on its surface, and our immune system recognizes it doesn't belong there. This triggers our immune system to begin producing antibodies and activating other immune cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection.
  3. At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect us against future infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. The benefit is that we get this protection from a vaccine, without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19. Any temporary discomfort experienced after getting the vaccine is a natural part of the process and an indication that the vaccine is working.

Facts about COVID-19 Viral Vector Vaccines
They cannot give someone COVID-19 or other infections.
  • Viral vectors cannot cause infection with COVID-19 or with the virus used as the vaccine vector.
They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.
  • The genetic material delivered by the viral vector does not integrate into a person's DNA."

Latest posts