J&J shot

Help Support CattleToday:

No one that I am aware of pays anything for a covid shot around here. Couple of weeks ago my wife and her sister were on their daily walk in town. They walk down through a park and there was a large yellow sign with an arrow directing folks to the county fair grounds. Free covid shots.
when i mentioned it, it was pointed out that its not free, we paid in taxes for it.... which i do agree, but i was just pointing out that i paid for a flu shot...

And i have been guilty a little.. I do not like mask and i feel a person should be able to choose whether they want to wear one or not... Your body your choice.
What confuses me is this.... if this were such a deadly unstoppable virus, why are planes still flying? Why do we let people from other countries in still? If there is a new strain in Africa, are we still letting people come here from there or letting people who have been there come here? The dots are not lining up... Make us stay home, yet, let people mix around via air travel. I went to the airport in Oct to pick up my mother in laws sister from Va.. no quarantine at all.. went right in my in laws house for over a week... Plan a Thanksgiving at my house, 1/2 mile from theirs with everyone they see daily, nope, cant take the risk.... NO ONE HAS MADE SENSE... My life never changed.. i dont see many people and after the swine flu, i wipe down any grocery basket i encounter.. That has kept me well for many years since then, i connected the dots back then and found most of my illnesses were from those baskets... i basically never get sick unless its from bad MREs where i was violently ill on a camping trip...lol... but thats another story.. But some people seem to use the precautions to their advantage. Dont want to see people you know in public, wear a mask.. Dont want to be around cousin Eddy at a family gathering, dont go and blame covid. Seems most people are using it to keep from doing things now. Yes, even though after losing 4 friends, i still question....
My belief is, keep your distance, sanitize your hands/wash your hands, dont touch your face when in public..... you'll be safe. But this wear a mask to keep others safe, thats bull stuff...
I understand. I've tried to be consistent with how I do the entire time, but I've seen a lot of inconsistency with people. I knew one group of around 50 that gets together at a community center twice a month. They met only once in Nov and cancelled all in Dec, but went back in Jan as if it were over. I didn't understand that.

I haven't changed much either, but I was apparently social distancing before the pandemic.

Covid vaccines that were ordered by and paid for by Uncle Sugar are free. Some large medical facilities ordered their own directly from the manufacturers and they can and do charge the public for them. Very few of those tho.

For the free shots given by places like CVS/Walgreens etc, they get reimbursed from the govt for their 'labor'.

do not like mask and i feel a person should be able to choose whether they want to wear one or not... Your body your choice.
What confuses me is this.... if this were such a deadly unstoppable virus, why are planes still flying? Why do we let people from other countries in still? If there is a new strain in Africa, are we still letting people come here from there or letting people who have been there come here? The dots are not lining up... Make us stay home, yet, let people mix around via air travel.

"Your body your choice"
Yes, except the primary purpose of wearing the mask is to keep 'your' bodily aerosols inside your body (or at least on the inside of YOUR mask) We wear masks the same reason medical people always have. To protect others from us.

Commercial air travel is relatively safe owing to the hepa quality filtration systems on all commercial air liners and because all the air inside the passenger cabins comes from the outside, either thru pitot duct or from what is known as 'bleed air' which is excess air not needed for engine thrust and comes from the first few sections of the engines' compressor sections.

The most dangerous place for transmission in commercial air travel is standing in line to get tickets, retrieve baggage, and while sitting around the terminal.

Certainly sitting on a plane for hours is more apt to enable transmission than sitting in your own home, but it isn't nearly as dangerous as many would think.

Only some of the older regional jets don't use the big hepa filters.
The air filtration and recycling on a jet is fast and effective due to the use of powerful air circulation fans and high-efficiency particulate absorbing (HEPA) filters.

"The HEPA filters are 99.9% effective or greater in removing particulate contaminants, including viruses like COVID-19, and bacteria and fungi from recirculated air. The air flows from the ceiling to the floor and creates completely new air in the cabin every six minutes," said Denise Stecconi, a commercial pilot who flies Boeing 737s for Alaska Airlines.

These air filters can remove very small particles such as bacteria and viruses. The most difficult particles to remove are miniscule, ranging in size from 0.1 to 0.3 microns, but HEPA filters easily filter out these very small particles with an efficiency level of 99.995%. The coronavirus measures 0.125 microns, well within the capture range of a HEPA filter.

Stecconi referred to a recent Harvard study when she explained how outside air comes into the jet's fuselage and is directed through a compressor near the engine and then is pushed through a series of heat exchangers to get it to the right temperature. From there the cabin air filtration begins when the air is moved by two large onboard fans. There are floor grilles on the sides of the passenger cabin. The air goes through the HEPA filters and the filtered air goes back into the air conditioning mix manifold.

"Those fans are so powerful that it only takes six minutes to completely renew the air in the cabin. As a pilot, that gives me great peace of mind for my safety and the safety of my crew and passengers," Stecconi said.

The study showed that particulate matter lasted in a jet cabin less than six minutes, on average, which is significantly less time than in most residential homes where it took about an hour and a half to cycle the air.

Stecconi added that your pets flying in the cargo bay are also breathing HEPA-filtered air when they're onboard large, modern, commercial jets. "The air that goes into the aft cargo compartment comes directly from the cabin, so this means it's cleaned as well by the HEPA filters."

But not all planes have HEPA filtration systems. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the majority of modern, large, commercial aircraft using recirculation types of cabin air systems utilize HEPA filters. But a small number of older aircraft types have air filters with lower efficiencies.

I got mine at a civic center open for anyone. I reg online the day before so there was less paper work to do. I am concerned as to why they needed to know what color i was.. It was very well organized.. I was in and out in no time. I was suppose to sit for 30 min, but, i left my MIL at Aldi so, i took off before my 30 min.

The most dangerous place for transmission in commercial air travel is standing in line to get tickets, retrieve baggage, and while sitting around the terminal.
Planes are the nastiest places EVER.... and if you say the dirtiest places are the rest of the airport, then, again, WHY ARE THEY OPEN... And its not the plane ride technically, its moving people around and stirring up contaminated people with uncontaminated areas.... If you get it in NY on Wednesday, and fly to Oklahoma on Thursday, you're spreading that infection where it didnt need to be.... see what i'm saying????
Nothing..................Nothing............makes sense.....

And i have been guilty a little.. I do not like mask and i feel a person should be able to choose whether they want to wear one or not... Your body your choice.
What confuses me is this.... if this were such a deadly unstoppable virus, why are planes still flying? Why do we let people from other countries in still? If there is a new strain in Africa, are we still letting people come here from there or letting people who have been there come here? The dots are not lining up... Make us stay home, yet, let people mix around via air travel. I went to the airport in Oct to pick up my mother in laws sister from Va.. no quarantine at all.. went right in my in laws house for over a week... Plan a Thanksgiving at my house, 1/2 mile from theirs with everyone they see daily, nope, cant take the risk.... NO ONE HAS MADE SENSE... My life never changed.. i dont see many people and after the swine flu, i wipe down any grocery basket i encounter.. That has kept me well for many years since then, i connected the dots back then and found most of my illnesses were from those baskets... i basically never get sick unless its from bad MREs where i was violently ill on a camping trip...lol... but thats another story.. But some people seem to use the precautions to their advantage. Dont want to see people you know in public, wear a mask.. Dont want to be around cousin Eddy at a family gathering, dont go and blame covid. Seems most people are using it to keep from doing things now. Yes, even though after losing 4 friends, i still question....
My belief is, keep your distance, sanitize your hands/wash your hands, dont touch your face when in public..... you'll be safe. But this wear a mask to keep others safe, thats bull stuff...

I got mine at a civic center open for anyone. I reg online the day before so there was less paper work to do. I am concerned as to why they needed to know what color i was.. It was very well organized.. I was in and out in no time. I was suppose to sit for 30 min, but, i left my MIL at Aldi so, i took off before my 30 min.

They are attempting to get a handle on how many of any given demographic are getting the vaccination. Because of certain events that happened in the past regarding medical 'experiments' on minorities (as well as current baseless myths and internet BS) many in the black and hispanic communities are very hesitant to get the vaccinations.
The Tuskegee Syphilis Study is but one example.

My son said when he left the place, he was walking behind a black woman talking on her phone saying she saw the needle and couldnt handle it.... so her not getting it was not myths and BS, its because she was scared of the needle, which, i'm guessing thats mostly the reason...

When I fill a form that asks for Race, I check "other" and write in "Human" which I think is the most prevalent race of people. But I do know a few people who do not seem to fit that "human" category either. I think "Human" is enough when asked about race. It's the one I identify with, at least.

Planes are the nastiest places EVER.... and if you say the dirtiest places are the rest of the airport, then, again, WHY ARE THEY OPEN... And its not the plane ride technically, its moving people around and stirring up contaminated people with uncontaminated areas.... If you get it in NY on Wednesday, and fly to Oklahoma on Thursday, you're spreading that infection where it didnt need to be.... see what i'm saying????
Nothing..................Nothing............makes sense.....

You aren't allowed to do that (or weren't until maybe very recently)
You had to show proof of a negative covid test results no older than 3 days before boarding and usually, even before entering the airport. By far, most of the transmission of the virus was/is caused locally by people within their own families, to their neighbors and coworkers all travelling locally in-state by automobile/pickup truck.

You can test neg, and contract the virus walking through the airport, then while staying at your destination a week, you can come down with it and spread to that area that wouldnt have otherwise been exposed. They were exposed because that person got on a plane and brought it to them.. What makes no sense with this 'pandemic' is how they are letting people continue to move.... If its as bad as they say it is, all this plane travel would have stopped... how else are these ' new strains' coming here.. How did it get here to begin with????? air travel..

"The virus is "stronger, it's faster" with the emergence of new variants that spread more easily and are more deadly than the original wild strain of the virus, Dr. Mike Ryan, the head of the WHO's health emergencies program, said March 31. "We're all struggling" with and sick of restrictive lockdowns, he said."

Covid vaccines that were ordered by and paid for by Uncle Sugar are free. Some large medical facilities ordered their own directly from the manufacturers and they can and do charge the public for them. Very few of those tho.

For the free shots given by places like CVS/Walgreens etc, they get reimbursed from the govt for their 'labor'.
Or Private Health carriers. They agreed to cover the costs in the very first "Cares Act".

My son said when he left the place, he was walking behind a black woman talking on her phone saying she saw the needle and couldnt handle it.... so her not getting it was not myths and BS, its because she was scared of the needle, which, i'm guessing thats mostly the reason...
Well, that is 1 data point among 47 million (US census of black population of USA) and I'm pretty sure it's not just black women that have a fear of needles, but over all, and anecdotal experiences aside, the biggest reason people aren't getting it is they don't trust the govt or medicine and according to all nationwide and official sources, that construct is stronger in the Hispanic and Black demographic than any others.

"The virus is "stronger, it's faster" with the emergence of new variants that spread more easily and are more deadly than the original wild strain of the virus, Dr. Mike Ryan, the head of the WHO's health emergencies program, said March 31. "We're all struggling" with and sick of restrictive lockdowns, he said."

"Walensky said the U.S. needs to accelerate its vaccination efforts, which are averaging about 3.1 million shots per day. "We must continue to vaccinate as many Americans as we can each day," Walensky said, adding it will cause new cases and deaths to decline."

The really big surges the WHO is referring to are happening in Brazil (91,000 new cases yesterday and whose president Bolsonaro denied for months that the virus even existed, called masks taboo and still rejects the vaccine) the USA as it re-opens (47,000 new cases yesterday) , and in India, (170,000 new cases yesterday)the 2nd most populated country in the world, and Turkey (50,000 new cases yesterday. )
Those 4 countries account for over 1/3 the total world new cases yesterday.

And they should stay there... no one should travel over water...
My second daughter was born with heart defects.. She had 2 surgeries, one at 6mo just to keep her alive till she could have open heart at 3. Just a common cold, related to covid from what i gather, could kill her. She was hospitalized 2 times for pneumonia from a cold, One of those times i found her unconscious and blue in her bed, a few seconds later she would have died. Picking her up broke lose the plug that was suffocating her .. I had the 2 kids at that time, luckily, neither in school so their exposure to sick people were mainly from doctor visits, grocery stores and our neighbors from hell.. Just being in the same room with someone who had a cold, she'd get it. She didnt even need to get near them, just the same room. The NFH mother would bring her brats to my house uninvited. I'd open the door and ask if everyone was healthy. She would roll her eyes and say yes. Her kids always had snotty noses, but she'd explain allergies ... I would not let them in, but, just having that kid at the door, i could expect my daughter to get sick 3 days later. When my husband points out that this covid virus is so contagious, i remind him that the common cold is that contagious... Did i require everyone to wear a mask to 'keep others safe', our safety was our responsibility. It was my job keeping people from her, not, everyone has to wear a mask or pretend to wear something you'd call a mask even if you're not sick, for my daughters safety.
This mask thing..... oy.... Even Biden pulls it down to cough into his hand. People fiddle with them, most arent doing a dang thing, yet, you're a inconsiderate jerk if you dont "Wear the Mask." .............You have health issues, wear a mask and dont go anywhere .... now that make sense...Let the others reach herd immunity naturally...

I thought it was all fake and a scam?

Latest posts